SportsWrath

Donte Stallworth

Lughead

I thought I saw a reply or thread about "how about signing Donte stallworth for WR.

and I was looking for it so I could reply with this.

Updated: March 5, 2007, 9:27 AM ET

Report: Stallworth in substance-abuse program

ESPN.com news services

The NFL free agency period has seen its usual frenzy of signings in its first few days. One big-name player who hasn't been signed yet, however, is Donte' Stallworth -- and there could be a reason for that.

Donte' Stallworth

Wide Receiver

Philadelphia Eagles

2006 SEASON STATISTICS

Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC

38 725 5 19.1 84 218

Citing unnamed sources, The Philadelphia Daily News reported Monday that Stallworth is a participant in the NFL's substance-abuse program and he could be subject to a suspension if he violates terms of the the program again.

The Eagles had no comment when asked about Stallworth's situation by The Daily News. However, the newspaper reported that a breach of confidentiality is subject to a league fine, citing information from the NFL Players Association Web site.

Players can enter the substance-abuse program voluntarily or be entered into the program as a result of failed drug tests or substance-abuse related arrests.

Stallworth has made no free agent visits yet, The Daily News reported. Agent Drew Rosenhaus didn't return a phone call to the newspaper.

The Eagles acquired Stallworth from the Saints before last season and the 26-year-old receiver had 38 catches for 725 yards and five touchdowns in 2006 for Philadelphia.