SportsWrath

Red Sox potential

torn084

the sox have alot of potential this year, and could edge the yanks out if toronto doesnt do it. schill-beckett duo is an amazing combo. ortiz-ramirez remains a deadly combo. coco is gonna bust out this year, plus hes got the same name as a cereal. nixon will b an all-star. foulke will return to form. lowell's a bust, but that doesnt matter. gonzalez will prove something

Surprsingly, the Yanks fan may be overestimating the Sox. They do have great potential but everything has to work out. Hopefully, Manny's hamstring is 100% and Coc will fill in Damon fine. The bullpen is the only thing that worries me, because if Foulke stays the way he was in 2005, then who is there to replace him? Would Craig Hansen come up?

btw Motes, is Coco the leadoff man?

Surprsingly, the Yanks fan may be overestimating the Sox. They do have great potential but everything has to work out. Hopefully, Manny's hamstring is 100% and Coc will fill in Damon fine. The bullpen is the only thing that worries me, because if Foulke stays the way he was in 2005, then who is there to replace him? Would Craig Hansen come up?

btw Motes, is Coco the leadoff man?

I'd think Paplebon would go back to the bullpen if Foulke falters unfortunately. And yes Coco will be leading off.

I'm not too worried about the bullpen...especially when you compare it to last years. With Wells staying, barring a trade, our bullpen will be Foulke-Timlin-Riske-Tavarez-Seanez-Arroyo-Papelbon...which would rank among one of the better bullpens in the game. If Foulke were to falter, Timlin would get the first shot at saves, but they like him in the setup role better.

I'm not too worried about the bullpen...especially when you compare it to last years. With Wells staying, barring a trade, our bullpen will be Foulke-Timlin-Riske-Tavarez-Seanez-Arroyo-Papelbon...which would rank among one of the better bullpens in the game. If Foulke were to falter, Timlin would get the first shot at saves, but they like him in the setup role better.

lorf we r on the same page for once. if foulke returns to form, which he will, then u know hes gonna b good. tavarez will b a great addition. papelbon will most likely end up starting because some1 will go down with an injury. papelbon will b a good starter though. timlin is timlin- good setup guy, can close when called on, and closed long term last year. so i am still worried about the sox edging us this year