SportsWrath

Eli is still the man of the future

smugiant2008

coaches need to put him in better situations, let him do what he is comfortable doing.... go no huddle for a majority of the game, spread defenses out and let him pick them apart...

Lets look at that game yesterday..... yes he had 2 very very bad INT's.... but the receivers did have 7 drops.... add that to his percentage and then take away some attempts that would have been runs had the plays been converted and he had a pretty good day... YES he does need to play more consistent... but so does the entire offense.... someone needs to step up for the departed Toomer and the coaches need to turn Eli loose

If we can get Strahan and Osi back then i think we will be okay.... i mean we have had absolute zero pass rush the last 2 weeks... downright bad... and when you have a secondary as poor as ours we thrive 100% of pressuring the QB

The focal point of the offense needs to be Shockey and we need to do more spread form no huddle

I see your point, and yes, I'd like to see what Eli can do in a no-huddle, fast tempo offense.

But still... the great ones do well with what they have... and Eli hasn't done well with a great RB and above average O-line. He wasn't worth what we paid for him.

Hate to say it... but the writing on the wall says "bust" right now. When you're the #1 overall pick, and you've given up two first rounders to be aquired (who are almost certainly both Pro Bowlers), you had better not be just average.

:o

coaches need to put him in better situations, let him do what he is comfortable doing.... go no huddle for a majority of the game, spread defenses out and let him pick them apart...

Lets look at that game yesterday..... yes he had 2 very very bad INT's.... but the receivers did have 7 drops.... add that to his percentage and then take away some attempts that would have been runs had the plays been converted and he had a pretty good day... YES he does need to play more consistent... but so does the entire offense.... someone needs to step up for the departed Toomer and the coaches need to turn Eli loose

If we can get Strahan and Osi back then i think we will be okay.... i mean we have had absolute zero pass rush the last 2 weeks... downright bad... and when you have a secondary as poor as ours we thrive 100% of pressuring the QB

The focal point of the offense needs to be Shockey and we need to do more spread form no huddle

:LMAO:

I see your point, and yes, I'd like to see what Eli can do in a no-huddle, fast tempo offense.

But still... the great ones do well with what they have... and Eli hasn't done well with a great RB and above average O-line. He wasn't worth what we paid for him.

Hate to say it... but the writing on the wall says "bust" right now. When you're the #1 overall pick, and you've given up two first rounders to be aquired (who are almost certainly both Pro Bowlers), you had better not be just average.

We didn't give up 2 first rounders. We swapped first rounders, then gave up one 1st rounder, two 3rd rounders and one 5th rounder.