SportsWrath

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Virginia Giant

Looks like he has great control/stuff, but that is with a lighter baseball and poorer quality of hitters.

We'll have to see. Looks like we finally have a credible source and the Rangers "may have" bid $30,000,000.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/15978344.htm

Japan uses a lighter ball? Hmmm, didn't know that. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts. If he can throw that screw ball type pitch with our ball, I won't be too worried.

I read that somewhere, I'm hoping we get him, we've went the safe route the last few years and now it's time to take a chance. Idally, we can get him and Zito and resign Padilla, that way we only have 1 spot to fill with one of our prospects. Ofcourse thats a dream, if we sign the Japanese guy we will be done with pitchers and will concentratre on resigning deRosa and getting a CF. mathews is gone IMO, he'll hit the jackpot and we just can't spend the money when we can get an adequate CF somewhere. We may go after a bat, but with Mike Young's average and Tex's and Blalocks power, i don't think we really need a big bat.

Japan uses a lighter ball? Hmmm, didn't know that. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts. If he can throw that screw ball type pitch with our ball, I won't be too worried.

I read that somewhere, I'm hoping we get him, we've went the safe route the last few years and now it's time to take a chance. Idally, we can get him and Zito and resign Padilla, that way we only have 1 spot to fill with one of our prospects. Ofcourse thats a dream, if we sign the Japanese guy we will be done with pitchers and will concentratre on resigning deRosa and getting a CF. mathews is gone IMO, he'll hit the jackpot and we just can't spend the money when we can get an adequate CF somewhere. We may go after a bat, but with Mike Young's average and Tex's and Blalocks power, i don't think we really need a big bat.

David Wright mentioned that the Japanese use a lighter baseball than the MLB (Last Spring Training when talking to an umpire about a Japanese pitcher we had recently acquired [who found to be guilty of using steroids a month later]) I think that 'screwball' type pitch you're referring to that everyone is talking about is the new "gyroball" which turned out to be a hoax, Matsuzaka seemed a little puzzled after people talked to him about it. People went frenzy over it saying it would revolutionize the game, and it's "still in the making" or something.

"Searching For Baseball's Bigfoot"