SportsWrath

Guillmero Mota suspended 50 games

gateb

Mets reliever suspended 50 games

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This

Associated Press

Posted: 58 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - Relief pitcher Guillermo Mota was suspended 50 games on Wednesday for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy.

The 33-year-old Mota, who finished the season with the Mets and filed for free agency Tuesday, was 4-3 with a 4.53 ERA this season.

His suspension will take effect for the start of the 2007 season.

LOL. No wonder he found himself again.

Wow, we would have taken some shit if we won the WS with him pitching damn-near every game.

BTW, Glavine will be a Brave next year, he will sign a one year deal for 8 million dollars, get his 300 wins, end his career as a brave, and be a bench coach for the Braves 4 years later.

2 yr, 25 mil= 12 1/2 mil a yr. How old is he? Dilemma.

That's a bargain if you compare him to Randy Johnson. Let's examine....

Glavine: Can still produce. Is younger than Johnson. He's cheaper than Johnson. Is an accomplished, smart veteran who will benefit the Mets' young pitchers.

Johnson: Doesn't produce. Is older than Glavine. More expensive than Glavine. Is also an accomplished veteran, but it's debatable whether he's smart or not, and is hardly the tutoring type. He's more likely to tell a youngster, "Don't talk back to me, alright!", than actually help him out.

Although I'm not gay or anything, I also think we can all agree that Glavine is easier on the eye than Johnson.

So there you have it, compared to the Yankees/Johnson partnership, this is a steal for the Mets. :TU: