SportsWrath

Tim Lewis needs to stay aggressive so this pass defense can be one of the best.

flyinryan

I like how he can be creative and that he is smart, but I hate his inconsistency. No, I'm not blaming him entirely on why the pass defense was bad but he definitely had plenty to do with it. It seems no matter who is playing, if he is creative and aggressive with his play calling, then the pass defense is great, if not, it stinks. You can say that the pressure from Osi and Strahan had plenty to do with the pass defenses play improving but the big reason was Lewis' change in his play-calling.

Look at the 2004-2005 season. When he was aggressive the pass defense was better. Who can forget the games from Week 3 to Week 5 where the pass defense was great even with the losses of Stoutmire (3rd safety) Williams (starting SS), Will Allen still not completely 100% after his foot injury and a knee sprain that nearly caused him to miss the game vs the Eagles and of course the fact that everyone had to learn the new system. Also, a rookie (Gibril Wilson) had to start in Shaun Williams place and look at what happened. The defense was getting better and better no matter what. When Strahan and Washington (both starting DE's) went down Lewis decided to lay back on the aggressiveness. He still called some aggressive games but he didn't do so consistently.

I know it's hard especially with your 2 starting DE's out for the season but you need to be aggressive. What usually happens to defenses that stand there and give you all day to throw? Your secondary sufferes no matter who is back there. Your secondary can be filled with CB's like Bailey, McAllister, Law for example and safeties like Reed and Dawkins, but if you give the QB all day to throw then they will look bad. Cushions aren't so good either. Teams can throw curl routes or slant routes on you all day and when you do get ready to play a curl route they can fake you and beat you deep. Ask Will Allen about that (Week 16 of the 2001 season).

This year was the same thing, only it took longer for Lewis to be more aggressive. When he was aggressive look at what happened. Was there a million people saying that Will Allen sucks? How about people saying that Brent Alexander has no business even dressing for the game? How about the Giants have the worst secondary in the league? No, every thing stop. When you are aggressive, no matter what personnel you have, you will do much better as opposed to being "soft". The secondary this year has much better depth then in years past but Lewis needs to be aggressive and stay aggressive, especially if he and the Giants want to do plenty of damage (I think they will) this year.

Only thing you said that I agree with: "How about the Giants have the worst secondary in the league?"

Another serious post tainted by vermin spit.

Tim Lewis will be under the microscope this season.

Snitch

What was you did to be snitched on anyway? I mean, for someone to snitch there must have been a wrong - no? What did you do? Additionally it seems you are angry for being snitched on which gives more possibility to the notion that you did something wrong. What was it?

What was you did to be snitched on anyway? I mean, for someone to snitch there must have been a wrong - no? What did you do? Additionally it seems you are angry for being snitched on which gives more possibility to the notion that you did something wrong. What was it?

Evidently, paranoia runs deep in the FAG 4. I think it's called a persecution complex.

I like how he can be creative and that he is smart, but I hate his inconsistency. No, I'm not blaming him entirely on why the pass defense was bad but he definitely had plenty to do with it. It seems no matter who is playing, if he is creative and aggressive with his play calling, then the pass defense is great, if not, it stinks. You can say that the pressure from Osi and Strahan had plenty to do with the pass defenses play improving but the big reason was Lewis' change in his play-calling.

Look at the 2004-2005 season. When he was aggressive the pass defense was better. Who can forget the games from Week 3 to Week 5 where the pass defense was great even with the losses of Stoutmire (3rd safety) Williams (starting SS), Will Allen still not completely 100% after his foot injury and a knee sprain that nearly caused him to miss the game vs the Eagles and of course the fact that everyone had to learn the new system. Also, a rookie (Gibril Wilson) had to start in Shaun Williams place and look at what happened. The defense was getting better and better no matter what. When Strahan and Washington (both starting DE's) went down Lewis decided to lay back on the aggressiveness. He still called some aggressive games but he didn't do so consistently.

I know it's hard especially with your 2 starting DE's out for the season but you need to be aggressive. What usually happens to defenses that stand there and give you all day to throw? Your secondary sufferes no matter who is back there. Your secondary can be filled with CB's like Bailey, McAllister, Law for example and safeties like Reed and Dawkins, but if you give the QB all day to throw then they will look bad. Cushions aren't so good either. Teams can throw curl routes or slant routes on you all day and when you do get ready to play a curl route they can fake you and beat you deep. Ask Will Allen about that (Week 16 of the 2001 season).

This year was the same thing, only it took longer for Lewis to be more aggressive. When he was aggressive look at what happened. Was there a million people saying that Will Allen sucks? How about people saying that Brent Alexander has no business even dressing for the game? How about the Giants have the worst secondary in the league? No, every thing stop. When you are aggressive, no matter what personnel you have, you will do much better as opposed to being "soft". The secondary this year has much better depth then in years past but Lewis needs to be aggressive and stay aggressive, especially if he and the Giants want to do plenty of damage (I think they will) this year.

The nature of the game is to be attacking ! Hell the 86 bears and buddy ryan took the D to a new

level by attacking using 10 players in the box. Christ ! that was attacking but you did need the

personel and you have to have the players that can execute. It still comes down to execution

it doesnt matter what scheme you dial up. As Vince Lombardi said the team that tackles the best and

blocks the best wins !

How true! Such a simple game !! BY the way I like the aggressive style too !!!! BRing it!!!!!!

:rock: