SportsWrath

Does dedication hurt?

Again, go out and run 5 - 10 wind sprints when it's 90 degrees out, then sit in the "shade" where it's still 90 degrees.

Also, once more. Did they start keeping stats in ditch digging? Do they count how many shovel fulls you dig? How full the shovel are? How fast you shocel? If so, that would be a shitty job.

Ever see the temps on field vs in the stands? it's usually about 10 degrees higher. Point is they run all out several times per game, their "shade" is still hot as fuck, and I think this affects their level of play. Again, while the amount of work they do compared to ditch digging may not be as strenuous, playing in the weather 6 days a week instead of taking an extra day off every 2 or 3 weeks has to affect their level of play.

Baseball players are conditioned to run wind sprints. It's easy for them. So it's hot in the dugout, I'll give you that. It's not hot in the clubhouse they retire to after their long 3 hour "work"day.

Besides, baseball players would rather it be hot. Pedro Martinez is on record saying he prefers hot and humid days because it helps him grip the ball. Hitters also benefit from the heat. Have you noticed how much power numbers are down in this early, cold season?

I understand your point about certain guys who might have been better off with an off day here and there, I just don't think it would matter much. These guys are pros, and are very prepared to do their "jobs".