SportsWrath

Aaron Donald

Sephiroth

Playing time is predicated on practice performance. We take players based on what they can do for the team, sooner is better of course but putting a player out there before they are ready puts the team and the player at a disadvantage. The transition from the collegiate to the NFL level of play is substantial.

Exactly! The NFL schemes can be incredibly complex compared to the college game. It's high speed chess with so many feints to get rookies to chase the wrong player and in turn, open up a play they never saw before. Spending hours in the film room and learning the playbook is football calculus. You don't simply play because you are athletic, strong, and had a good college career. Couching is incredibly important as is football IQ.

Playing time is predicated on practice performance. We take players based on what they can do for the team, sooner is better of course but putting a player out there before they are ready puts the team and the player at a disadvantage. The transition from the collegiate to the NFL level of play is substantial.

I don't think it is that substantial ... Not should it take years for players to learn plays... I guess that's where I disagree in a sense... A first rounder should be talented enough to warrant playing time same for the 2nd rounder.