SportsWrath

Opening Night Game Thread

TheMessiah

ah Rico Fata, I drank with him a few years ago in Canada.

Thats cool he was a top 10 pick, very fast not a good scoring touch. Rangers looked very good tonight again 8 penalties gotta cut down on that(we did the same thing at the start of last year) and was only only against the caps but just wait and see till sat :flex:

Thats cool he was a top 10 pick, very fast not a good scoring touch. Rangers looked very good tonight again 8 penalties gotta cut down on that(we did the same thing at the start of last year) and was only only against the caps but just wait and see till sat :flex:

I think his brother Drew is still with the Pittsburgh organization, atleast he was down here last year. Oh god they are still doing "Sweet Caroline".

I think his brother Drew is still with the Pittsburgh organization, atleast he was down here last year. Oh god they are still doing "Sweet Caroline".

Yep, I still like that they go to the middle of the ice and salute the fans. All the NY papers seem tot hink that the Rangers are going to go to the cup. I like it I just don't want bandwagon fans :furious:

Yep, I still like that they go to the middle of the ice and salute the fans. All the NY papers seem tot hink that the Rangers are going to go to the cup. I like it I just don't want bandwagon fans :furious:

Yeah, I am very optomistic about going to the cup. The East is going to be very tough this year with maybe the exception of the Islanders. The Flyers are going to be there, the Devils will, and the Pens are going to be much improved. I like that team alot but they are really young. I still wonder what we are going to do with Montoya if Lundqvist has a huge years and solidifies that spot which I know he will. The Devils scare me the most out of anyone though.

Saluting the fans is great. That's why I love Renney. I hope he is in it for the long haul.

Yeah, I am very optomistic about going to the cup. The East is going to be very tough this year with maybe the exception of the Islanders. The Flyers are going to be there, the Devils will, and the Pens are going to be much improved. I like that team alot but they are really young. I still wonder what we are going to do with Montoya if Lundqvist has a huge years and solidifies that spot which I know he will. The Devils scare me the most out of anyone though.

Saluting the fans is great. That's why I love Renney. I hope he is in it for the long haul.

Evgeni Malkin is going to be the best player in the NHL. I am not sure if the Flyers are going to be as good as many people think,I see them maybe as a 6 or 7 seed. Montoya will probably be spared I think it is more of Weekes who would be traded. As Reeney and Sather have said it is very important to carry two strong goalies on the team, I think that Montoya will be stronger than Weekes will.

Evgeni Malkin is going to be the best player in the NHL. I am not sure if the Flyers are going to be as good as many people think,I see them maybe as a 6 or 7 seed. Montoya will probably be spared I think it is more of Weekes who would be traded. As Reeney and Sather have said it is very important to carry two strong goalies on the team, I think that Montoya will be stronger than Weekes will.

I would not mind seeing Weekes traded for anything, cash, last pick of the draft or anyone else. I really have not seen alot of Montoya. I did not get a chance to see Hartford last year.

I would not mind seeing Weekes traded for anything, cash, last pick of the draft or anyone else. I really have not seen alot of Montoya. I did not get a chance to see Hartford last year.

I did not see him that much in hartford but I know he made the all star game and was considered one of the best goalies in the AHL he ha under 3 goals against and 8+save percentage. From what I saw in the pre season it looked very promising(His future) he is not very Henrik is but I am not sure many goalies at the age of 23 are where he is, the strike was the best thing that ever happened to the Rangers

That game was fuckin' great!!!!! 29 sec. into the game and the NEW captain gets his first goal!!!!!!!Shanahan gets his 600th on his second goal-Henrik was puttin on a clinic in the penalty killing...........Bravo Blueshirts, Bravo :clap::clap::clap:

capt.7c3304042a4b4e8585883ec442f3f8f4.rangers_capitals_hockey_nyph112.jpg

capt.sge.ujb74.061006072959.photo00.photo.default-512x469.jpg

capt.c21426d114ca42ff803bb1978c8d2fc1.rangers_capitals_hockey_nyph120.jpg

full.getty-71799199bb002_ny_washington_8_58_21_pm.jpg

I did not see him that much in hartford but I know he made the all star game and was considered one of the best goalies in the AHL he ha under 3 goals against and 8+save percentage. From what I saw in the pre season it looked very promising(His future) he is not very Henrik is but I am not sure many goalies at the age of 23 are where he is, the strike was the best thing that ever happened to the Rangers

why do you think the strike was the best thing? eleborate more.

why do you think the strike was the best thing? eleborate more.

Becauase as you can already see the Rangers are not a very physical team, with the new rules on interference it makes the game more of a speed game where as before if you got the lead you would be able to drop into a trap(look at the devils) and not worry about being called for anything. It gives the players more room to move around and allows Jagr to be so effective. Peter Prucha would not have scored 30 goals last year without the new rules. Another thing that helped them was that Lundqvist was able to play another year in the sweedish elite league on the best team and win. Without the new rules the Rangers would not be as good as they are now

Becauase as you can already see the Rangers are not a very physical team, with the new rules on interference it makes the game more of a speed game where as before if you got the lead you would be able to drop into a trap(look at the devils) and not worry about being called for anything. It gives the players more room to move around and allows Jagr to be so effective. Peter Prucha would not have scored 30 goals last year without the new rules. Another thing that helped them was that Lundqvist was able to play another year in the sweedish elite league on the best team and win. Without the new rules the Rangers would not be as good as they are now

I was thinking that you meant Lundqvist but not the new rules. Gotta though.