SportsWrath

O. Perez scratched from tonight's start.

Blue Jeans

Oliver Perez has been scratched from his scheduled start for Triple A Norfolk tonight. This news follows the announcement that El Duque will skip his next start on saturday, basically to give him some rest down the stretch. With Williams pitching in Pedro's spot, Bannister pitching tomorrow in Glavine's spot, that leaves it almost a certainty that Oliver Perez will pitch on saturday. Very interesting weekend series coming up with Bannister and Perez making their first major league outings in a LONG time.

Yeah, our pitching really does look tough for the future. Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Milledge(if he comes along, not lookin too bad lately)......great base for the near future.

Milledge looks like he's going to be fine now... his attitude problems according to Willie are a thing of the past in the clubhouse (and you can tell by the way he has been conversing with Willie, Alomar, Manuel, and Acta during games and after the last few wins), Down fixed up his swing and he's been staying level (Sheffield type to bat on shoulder instead of sink), and I, through the grape vine, let Willie know he has to bat him 7th (which won't be happening anymore with Green here) but he is improving nonetheless. Baby steps towards being a star in this league.

Milledge looks like he's going to be fine now... his attitude problems according to Willie are a thing of the past in the clubhouse (and you can tell by the way he has been conversing with Willie, Alomar, Manuel, and Acta during games and after the last few wins), Down fixed up his swing and he's been staying level (Sheffield type to bat on shoulder instead of sink), and I, through the grape vine, let Willie know he has to bat him 7th (which won't be happening anymore with Green here) but he is improving nonetheless. Baby steps towards being a star in this league.

As I say this they option him down to AAA to make room for Bannister tomorrow. Can't say if I agree with platooning Endy/Tucker over Endy/Lastings until Floyd gets back but he'll be going back down to Norfolk on a little hot streak.

Oh yeah, and he'll probably serve an international league suspension for bumping the ump in his last AAA game. :TD: Should have just kept him and sent Tucker down until the rosters expand on the first of September.

how long is his suspension going to last? International League season is almost over anyway, just alittle over a week left. They better give him some playing time.

It's not a guarentee that one was dealt to him, but I was just guessing there was one. I don't think the Mets would have sent him down if they knew he was just going to be suspended, though.