SportsWrath

Jason Schmidt

Dragon

metsblog

1:51 PM - Buzz: The Cost of Jason Schmidt

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

At his Stark Report for ESPN.com, Jayson Stark writes that while the Mets, Rangers, Red Sox and Mariners have all inquired about Giants RHP Jason Schmidt, San Francisco will need to be “overwhelmed,” because they're “reluctant” to trade him while just four games out of first and the wild card lead…

According to Stark, the Giants hope to do what the Brewers did with Carlos Lee, in that they hope to acquire pieces that will help now and later…

If you recall, earlier this week, the Brewers acquired RHP Francisco Cordero, OF Kevin Mench and OF Laynce Nix for Lee, while also parting with prospect OF Nelson Cruz…

…from a mets stand point, i’m thinking this translates to be a guy like an Xavier Nady, maybe, with Lastings Milledge and Aaron Heilman, while getting a prospect back from the giants…something like that, it would seem…

…realize i used nady as an example, i have never heard his name in any rumor…

that is the best I can do.

from a mets stand point, i’m thinking this translates to be a guy like an Xavier Nady, maybe, with Lastings Milledge and Aaron Heilman, while getting a prospect back from the giants…something like that, it would seem…

HAHA, thats funny. Is Saebean trying to make up for the Pierzynski disaster?