SportsWrath

METS vs. ESPN

Did anyone think that the METS were sticking to ESPN last night? That 41 minute half an inning really pushed back the ESPY's. I bet that control room was freaking out. I'm positive that it wasn't done on purpose but I bet SNY was laughing their asses off.

Did anyone think that the METS were sticking to ESPN last night? That 41 minute half an inning really pushed back the ESPY's. I bet that control room was freaking out. I'm positive that it wasn't done on purpose but I bet SNY was laughing their asses off.

ESPN is a joke. Did you see when they were promoting the ESPY'S and they showed celebrities filing in and Stuart Scott would say,"We've been watching the celebrities pack it in while you've been watching the game", or something to that affect? IT WASN'T LIVE!!! That show was taped last Saturday. I read in the paper a few days before that Saturday that David Wright was supposed to attend but couldn't because the Mets were playing a double header that day against the Marlins.

ESPN is a joke. Did you see when they were promoting the ESPY'S and they showed celebrities filing in and Stuart Scott would say,"We've been watching the celebrities pack it in while you've been watching the game", or something to that affect? IT WASN'T LIVE!!! That show was taped last Saturday. I read in the paper a few days before that Saturday that David Wright was supposed to attend but couldn't because the Mets were playing a double header that day against the Marlins.

ESPN provides what we need...highlights and updates. The rest of it is complete garbage. The reason no print reporter bashes it is because they are all on ESPN (Disney's) payroll.

ESPN provides what we need...highlights and updates. The rest of it is complete garbage. The reason no print reporter bashes it is because they are all on ESPN (Disney's) payroll.

Phil Mushnick of the NY Post is constantly bashing ESPN, with good reason.

What I didn't understand is why they showed who won the awards for the ESPYs on sportscenter's top 10 on Thursday or Friday. Why would they show that? I guess they are getting desperate for top 10 material...

Phil Mushnick of the NY Post is constantly bashing ESPN, with good reason.

I read his column on Monday, Friday, and Sunday. All I did was repeat what he's been saying for years. I happent to agree with him.