SportsWrath

Drafts of our NFC East Rivals

BleedinBlue

Well...the Cowboys look like morons in this draft after their round 1 pick. With the exception of Terrance Williams and JJ Wilcox, I think they got hosed. They burned their 2nd on a pretty good TE (Escobar), but they also signed Witten through 2017 so there's no way they are benching Romo's bread and butter guy, so they've invested heavily in a bench player for the next 2 or 3 years.

Washington had no picks to speak of because they traded most of them away to get RGIII last year. Here's what they're saying in the national news:

The Redskins threw everything they had at the St. Louis Rams last season in order to move up and take Robert Griffin III. That is already proving to be a worthy decision, but it puts pressure on the Redskins to make good on the picks that they have left moving forward.

After having no picks in the first round, Washington took a chance with both of its picks on Friday. Cornerback David Amerson looked like a first-rounder two seasons ago, but a drastic drop-off in 2012 made his stellar 2011 season look like a fluke.

If Amerson gets it back together, and there's no reason he shouldn't be able to, the Redskins may very well have done well to take Amerson at No. 51 overall. But until that happens,
this pick has bust written all over it.

In the third round, Washington picked Jordan Reed out of Florida, a versatile player on offense who may have been
versatile because he didn't fit well in any one position
. If the Redskins can somehow scheme him into the offense there might be something there, but even then the pick is no home run.

Now the Eagles...that's a whole nuther story. Lane Johnson is a stud on the offensive line, they picked up Zach Ertz, who some argue is better or at least as good as Tyler Eifert. The only questionable pick up (in my mind) is DT Bennie Logan who is very athletic, but a little on the smaller side for the NFL and might get pushed around more than in college.

-----------------------

Personally, I think our division rivals are not sneaking past us, with the exception of the Eagles. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Barkley or Nassib and finally get a cerebral type QB instead of one who likes to pretend he's a RB and routinely find his way onto the injured list. Eagles could give us real headaches if they finally get a QB who plays more with his brain than his legs.

Skins nabbed Phillip Thomas,good pickup for them, I wasn't a fan of Amerson. Eagles, got Joe Kruger, Matt Barkley and Earl Woff, had one of the better drafts of anybody. Dallas was a little off and on, Williams could be a steal for them, Wilcox was a good pick, they got Joseph Randle, who could be a great RB for them, B. W Webb, will be a nice nickel CB, replacing Mke Jenkins. I didn't understand reaching for Frederick, or the Escobar pick