SportsWrath

OH NO!!!

RandolphScott

Let's compare their final seasons at their respective schools. both played in the SEC which is a pretty tough conference.

Chad Jackson

Catches 88

Yards 900

TDs 9

Tim Carter

Catches 36

Yards 591

TDs 2

if i threw in previous seasons jackson would blow him away even more.

The plot thickens:

1) When last we heard of Eric Moore, he was learning to be an OLB. Has that now been deemed successful and that is why we need Mathias? Or is this simply a matter of replacing a 6th-rounder with a first rounder?

2) What is the fate of Willie Ponder? Or more importantly, what is the fate of that WR spot? Ponder has made the team strictly for his kick return skills, which no one else seemed to have at the time. Well, now every third player we've picked up has some degree of return skills, and Morton has been able to handle both duties. Ponder hasn't been on the field as a WR in how many years, and although he made the ProBowl as a returner, he didn't dress for half the games. Do we go with 6 or 5 WRs this year? If it's 5, does Moore stick; and does the WR corp look like Plax, Toomer, Moss, Tyree, and choice of Carter/Taylor?

3) Our linebackers. Who is going where? We seem to have Wilkerson and Short who can back up middle and outside positions and Emmons, Torbor, Arrington, and Blackburn. Is Blackburn out due to his neck, or is Emmons out because of his cap hit?

These and other questions to be answered by the end of August.

The plot thickens:

1) When last we heard of Eric Moore, he was learning to be an OLB. Has that now been deemed successful and that is why we need Mathias? Or is this simply a matter of replacing a 6th-rounder with a first rounder?

2) What is the fate of Willie Ponder? Or more importantly, what is the fate of that WR spot? Ponder has made the team strictly for his kick return skills, which no one else seemed to have at the time. Well, now every third player we've picked up has some degree of return skills, and Morton has been able to handle both duties. Ponder hasn't been on the field as a WR in how many years, and although he made the ProBowl as a returner, he didn't dress for half the games. Do we go with 6 or 5 WRs this year? If it's 5, does Moore stick; and does the WR corp look like Plax, Toomer, Moss, Tyree, and choice of Carter/Taylor?

3) Our linebackers. Who is going where? We seem to have Wilkerson and Short who can back up middle and outside positions and Emmons, Torbor, Arrington, and Blackburn. Is Blackburn out due to his neck, or is Emmons out because of his cap hit?

1. Moore and Adrian Awasom are likely battling for 1 roster spot. Last year we kept 5 DEs, so there's still hope for them.

2. Ponder is gone. The WRs will be Burress, Toomer, Moss, Tyree, Carter and/or Taylor

3. Blackburn is a lock to make the team. They'll keep 6-7 LBs. Short and Emmons are the guys with the worst shot at making the final roster, but the team might keep both.

The plot thickens:

1) Moore is moving back to DE. He has not played a single meaningful down in his career and he was a sixthrounder so I dont think we can expect anything from him.

2) Ponder will be gone. Moss/Morton should handle everything. Taylor, Moss and Carter should compete for the slot. We should at least be able to put a very fast player on the field. Ideally they are also good at catching the deep ball.

3) Pierce and Lavar are obvious starters. Torbor and Emmons are playing for last spot. I think Torbor wins. Wilkerson and Blackburn backup the middle. Short and Emmons back up the other spots. We probably get 1 more LB either in the draft of FA.

Edited by Armstead98

1. Moore and Adrian Awasom are likely battling for 1 roster spot. Last year we kept 5 DEs, so there's still hope for them.

2. Ponder is gone. The WRs will be Burress, Toomer, Moss, Tyree, Carter and/or Taylor

3. Blackburn is a lock to make the team. They'll keep 6-7 LBs. Short and Emmons are the guys with the worst shot at making the final roster, but the team might keep both.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Emmons let go, but if he somehow got back to pre 2004 form, we'd have a hell of a LB corps....

I wouldnt be surprised to see Emmons let go, but if he somehow got back to pre 2004 form, we'd have a hell of a LB corps....

I would be VERY suprised to see him leave. I think given our situation last year, the Giants would be weary of cutting talented backups without them thinking that they were upgrading the team this year. Cutting emmons in no way makes us better this year.

1) Moore is moving back to DE. He has not played a single meaningful down in his career and he was a sixthrounder so I dont think we can expect anything from him.

I think we'll have to see with Eric. He was injured very early in training camp last year, and TC and co. thought enough of him not to cut him. He had no shot at the field during the playoff run, especially since Osi and Strahan stayed healthy all year, and Tuck turned out so well.

That they even tried to convert him tells you that there's something about him that the staff likes.

I would be VERY suprised to see him leave. I think given our situation last year, the Giants would be weary of cutting talented backups without them thinking that they were upgrading the team this year. Cutting emmons in no way makes us better this year.

id like to see him stay and be a starter, actually.