SportsWrath

Intentional Grounding

Treehugger

I get that, especially when the QB is in the process of taking a hit and the ball likely won't go where he intended it to go anyway. However in that particular scenario Bradford was not in the grasp of the defender yet and clearly made no attempt to throw a catchable ball. I think that's easy enough to deem "over the line".

Storm: No one's saying Bradford wasn't playing within the rules. We're saying we don't like the rule to begin with. It's the offense's job to move the ball upfield. It's the defense's job to disrupt the offense. I don't like the QB having a 'Get out of jail free card' to nullify the defense doing it's job after he failed to do his.

I think it's an awesome rule. Especially when your team has a quarterback who actually knows the rule.....

I'm sure I wouldn't hear you complain when Eli gets rid of the ball before he gets sacked....

I think it's an awesome rule. Especially when your team has a quarterback who actually knows the rule.....

I'm sure I wouldn't hear you complain when Eli gets rid of the ball before he gets sacked....

I've never liked the rule. Throwing an intentionally-uncatchable ball, either into the turf or out-of-bounds, always seemed to me like something you should be penalised for, especially if a defender already has you in his grasp.