SportsWrath

Shaun O'Hara Has Second Surgery Of Offseason

Mr. P

New York Giants center Shaun O'Hara underwent surgery to clean out his left ankle and Achilles this week as scheduled, according to a team source.

This is the second procedure O'Hara has undergone this offseason. He had a couple of screws placed in his right foot in January to stabilize a joint so a ligament can heal after he suffered from a Lisfranc injury last season.

O'Hara, who played in just six games last season due to the injuries, said at the beginning of March that he was assured he will be fully recovered in time for training camp, whenever that may be.

"They basically told me I probably won't start running until mid-May," O'Hara said while attending a charity event earlier in March. "The one thing they assured me is I will be 100-percent healthy for training camp."

The Giants have three centers recovering from surgeries. Rich Seubert, the team's left guard who shined while filling in for O'Hara, is currently undergoing a long rehab after having surgery to repair a dislocated kneecap and some ligament and tendon damage. Backup center Adam Koets is making his way back from a torn ACL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6275106