SportsWrath

The Giants need another OJ Anderson as their 3rd back

JMFP

oh you meant we need him for the 3rd Q of the super bowl. seriously we had very little offense that day, that whole year in fact.

the offense is far superior to that team.

I totally disagree.

True, the 2010 offense has more yardage than the 1990 team..

But the 1990 offense:

Didn't make mistakes.

Capitalized on their opponents mistakes.

Controlled the time of possession.

Converted field position into points.

Also understood game conditions (down and distance, score, time remaining, field conditions, etc).

In fact, I'd say that 1990 (89) team was the smartest Giants teams I've ever seen....by no means the most physically talented, but just tough as shit, and disciplined. They had to get through the Joe Montana (looking for a 3-peat), and then past a supremely athletic Bills team.

Hey Joe I feel your pain man you know I do....but Coughlin gave the same warning to ST he always does. When he was asked pointedly why he did not have the hands team out there if he was concerned about the onside...he said he did not want to give up field position on a possible good return. HUH?!? :huh: :huh: :huh: Our Special Ed Teams and good returns do not go together. At worst if you have your hands guys out there and if they recover the ball you are on at least your own forty.

Not too many Giants returns of any sort has made it to the 40 this year. That was wholly on the coaches...Coughlin and the ST's coach. The ST coach should have come a running to Coughlin and pointed out we have 7 minutes to play....we recover the ball at our 40 even if we don't squeeze out a first down we make them use their timeouts; and then pin them deep with an angled kick.

Without a doubt, T, our special teams are atrocious. A bunch of us (you and I both) were scared of the ST going into this season. I remember saying that eventually, they would cost us a game.....and they really cost us the season with in that Philly game (actually, the Defense blew it, but with a huge assist from the ST).

I totally disagree.

True, the 2010 offense has more yardage than the 1990 team..

But the 1990 offense:

Didn't make mistakes.

Capitalized on their opponents mistakes.

Controlled the time of possession.

Converted field position into points.

Also understood game conditions (down and distance, score, time remaining, field conditions, etc).

In fact, I'd say that 1990 (89) team was the smartest Giants teams I've ever seen....by no means the most physically talented, but just tough as shit, and disciplined. They had to get through the Joe Montana (looking for a 3-peat), and then past a supremely athletic Bills team.

Gee and all this time I thought our Defense was the reason we got to and won the championship that year.

Let's take the 49ers for instance. We played them twice that year- how many touchdowns did we score with our smart offense that turned field position into points?

We never had a decent offense until Fassel came to town--

Gee and all this time I thought our Defense was the reason we got to and won the championship that year.

Let's take the 49ers for instance. We played them twice that year- how many touchdowns did we score with our smart offense that turned field position into points?

We never had a decent offense until Fassel came to town--

What was Phil Simms....chopped liver?