SportsWrath

The NFL's top 50 Linebackers

BIGBLUE01

Okay forget the subjective lists.

Mike Singletary>Ray Lewis

Carl Banks was a top 50 linebacker regardless of who he played with. Carl Banks in his prime would have been the star linebacker on most every other team back then.

I would have definitely taken Banks over Armstead. He made tackles with surgical precision.

I would have definitely taken Banks over Armstead. He made tackles with surgical precision.

Yes....and he was a very intelligent player. I don't know if you can put a statistic on how well he played his position....he was always in the right position, which meant alot of time, the ball carrier was forced to another area of the field, where someone else made the tackle.

I remember that initially, alot of teams tried to run away from Taylor, which meant flowing to Banks.....but that didn't work either.

Carl Banks was a top 50 linebacker regardless of who he played with. Carl Banks in his prime would have been the star linebacker on most every other team back then.

If I had to build my team around a middle linebacker, I'd take Singletary over Lewis. But really, either of them are among the best to ever play the position, so it's kind of like Batman v. Spiderman.

the dog is not agreeing or disagreeing with you - just offering a reason or two as to why he would not be inlcuded...whether or not people agree is based on their own subjective feelings much like these lists. Way too hard to come up with top lists of players in history because the game changes so radically over time, and so does roles and responsibilities.