SportsWrath

Mets and their injuries

xxi-xxv

I read a blurb today that said we need to get Damion Easley on the horn. He is at least a solid defender for a stop gap. I'm tired of trading the farm away each year (or at least the perception of it). Too much of that in baseball for me. Seems like a grass is greener type thing.

It's time for Martinez to go back down to AAA. They need a middle infielder right now badly. It was the worst time for Cora to go down with the thumb injury. Unfortuntely there is no one in AAA. The only person I can think of is Argenis Reyes who can't hit but at least he can play the field. Seriously though, is Tatis really worse than Martinez out there at SS?

Speaking of another Martinez, Fernando might get a call up soon. He has been looking great in the last month hitting over .355 with 6 homers.

It's time for Martinez to go back down to AAA. They need a middle infielder right now badly. It was the worst time for Cora to go down with the thumb injury. Unfortuntely there is no one in AAA. The only person I can think of is Argenis Reyes who can't hit but at least he can play the field. Seriously though, is Tatis really worse than Martinez out there at SS?

Speaking of another Martinez, Fernando might get a call up soon. He has been looking great in the last month hitting over .355 with 6 homers.

If he is not gonna play everyday there is no need to call him up. Want to call him up then he plays LF everyday no matter what, good and bad. They should be doing the same with Murphy at 1B as well, only way he is gonna get better is fighting through this slump.

How did Murphy do at first today? I was out most of the night, but saw him getting thrown out at third. I did see his pick from the dirt in the 7th. He has to keep playing hard to get out of this slump. I still have faith in him.

Yeah you never know what they are going to do with FMart. You are right though, the best thing would be for him to stay in AAA no matter the injuries in New York. He needs to play everyday no matter what. There is no use for him to be on the bench like how Murphy has been played. There is a big difference from AA to AAA but not as much from AAA to Majors and he is hitting AAA well, that is a good sign. Maybe by next year, he will be one of the starting corner outfielders. He is only 20 so there is time.

The Mets are pretty much fucked at SS throughout the system. They just might have to make a trade for someone. Check this out, it's not what I wanted to see. Well might as well give Wilmer Flores a shot, he is only 17.

http://www.metsminorleagueblog.com/2009/05...ition/#comments

We don't need another light hitting .270 hitter who doesn't have a defined position.

I like the fact that he can play every position with the exception of cf. The way our players are dropping like flies I think he would be valuable to have for the right price. I imagine it wouldn't cost that much for him either.