SportsWrath

11 Runs so far.

Allstarjim

And the Mets are not even out of the 6th. :puke:

I really hope they get this shit turned around. I cannot stand this shit. I don't think I can take another year of this team crushing me.

I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't love the Mets and love baseball. But I can't even enjoy the game anymore, because they have been so awful so far that they are destroying my love for the game. Terrible pitching (other than Johan). Terrible fielding, terrible baserunning, terrible managing/coaching, terrible situational hitting, and almost no homeruns.

This whole team has been terrible. I'm trying to remind myself that it's only April, but it is so difficult to continue to watch this team and get disgusted day in and day out.

One thing that has not changed about this team over the last couple of years is that they continue to play tight, as if they constantly think to much, afraid to make a mistake, afraid to strikeout, etc. They are playing with too much in the back of their minds, rather than just letting go and playing. If you watch a team like the Rays, they don't play like that. They play loose and have fun. There is no fun in this team, for them or for us fans.

/rant

And the Mets are not even out of the 6th. :puke:

I really hope they get this shit turned around. I cannot stand this shit. I don't think I can take another year of this team crushing me.

I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't love the Mets and love baseball. But I can't even enjoy the game anymore, because they have been so awful so far that they are destroying my love for the game. Terrible pitching (other than Johan). Terrible fielding, terrible baserunning, terrible managing/coaching, terrible situational hitting, and almost no homeruns.

This whole team has been terrible. I'm trying to remind myself that it's only April, but it is so difficult to continue to watch this team and get disgusted day in and day out.

One thing that has not changed about this team over the last couple of years is that they continue to play tight, as if they constantly think to much, afraid to make a mistake, afraid to strikeout, etc. They are playing with too much in the back of their minds, rather than just letting go and playing. If you watch a team like the Rays, they don't play like that. They play loose and have fun. There is no fun in this team, for them or for us fans.

/rant

How can you say this man? Team crushed you? But they were RIGHT THERE man, one game or another either way and they were in it man. Geez, whats wrong with you?

BTW, this team needs a fucking housecleaning from top(the shitty overrated Gm cause we cant fire the asshole owners) to the bottom. I am talking purge, Delgado, Beltran, anyone over 30 years old, get rid of em all, explore trading any of them not named Johan IMO. This is a weak minded bunch, who are so scarred from 2007 that they ALL may need a fresh start elsewhere. I told you all in 2007 that the 1964 Phils(who's collapse was the only thing compareable to the 2007 Mets) were a mess for years after that and had to be dismantled. Its time, its really time.

How can you say this man? Team crushed you? But they were RIGHT THERE man, one game or another either way and they were in it man. Geez, whats wrong with you?

BTW, this team needs a fucking housecleaning from top(the shitty overrated Gm cause we cant fire the asshole owners) to the bottom. I am talking purge, Delgado, Beltran, anyone over 30 years old, get rid of em all, explore trading any of them not named Johan IMO. This is a weak minded bunch, who are so scarred from 2007 that they ALL may need a fresh start elsewhere. I told you all in 2007 that the 1964 Phils(who's collapse was the only thing compareable to the 2007 Mets) were a mess for years after that and had to be dismantled. Its time, its really time.

I can say it because I am emotionally invested in this team. Despite being as positive about the team I can be, of course I get disappointed when they fail. And when it is failure after failure, it just compounds the problem.

Despite what you said in the other thread, bottom line was that they missed the playoffs by one game. So they were right there. That is not to diminish the devastation of their epic collapses or the magnitude of their failure.

As for trading them, they are going to have to ride Delgado's contract out, probably Beltran's, too. I wouldn't get rid of Reyes but the poster boy for being emotionally scarred on this team that has the most evidence of being weak-minded is David Wright. Are you suggesting we get rid of him?

I'm telling myself to give them this year to try and turn it around, after that, you are probably right about having a fire sale, although again I would keep Reyes forever.

I can say it because I am emotionally invested in this team. Despite being as positive about the team I can be, of course I get disappointed when they fail. And when it is failure after failure, it just compounds the problem.

Despite what you said in the other thread, bottom line was that they missed the playoffs by one game. So they were right there. That is not to diminish the devastation of their epic collapses or the magnitude of their failure.

As for trading them, they are going to have to ride Delgado's contract out, probably Beltran's, too. I wouldn't get rid of Reyes but the poster boy for being emotionally scarred on this team that has the most evidence of being weak-minded is David Wright. Are you suggesting we get rid of him?

I'm telling myself to give them this year to try and turn it around, after that, you are probably right about having a fire sale, although again I would keep Reyes forever.

David Wright has been asked to be the leader of a bunch of guys who should be leaders themselves...I aint trading Wright I am getting him some more gamers as teammates, something Beltran and Delgado ARE NOT!

Keep throwing cold water on the long term ramifications of that collapse, maybe someone will buy it :TU:

David Wright has been asked to be the leader of a bunch of guys who should be leaders themselves...I aint trading Wright I am getting him some more gamers as teammates, something Beltran and Delgado ARE NOT!

Keep throwing cold water on the long term ramifications of that collapse, maybe someone will buy it :TU:

Hey, xxi, you can stop putting words in my mouth any day now. I did not downplay the collapse (either of them). I did not say I agreed with any Wilpon mantra about meaningful games in September. You continue to do this...

I strongly was in favor of them spending the money on Orlando Hudson... a guy who IS a gamer, a natural leader, a perfect #2 hitter, and a gold glove 2B... Castillo be damned. I was sure they wouldn't do it because there was no way to move Castillo, and I knew the Mets would not pay large contracts to 2 second baseman for one to be a pinch hitter/runner.

I disagreed with them spending on Manny. I wanted Lowe and I wanted Hudson. IMO if they had done those deals they would have accomplished getting some "GAMERS" as teammates, something I also see is what this team sorely needs.

Hey, xxi, you can stop putting words in my mouth any day now. I did not downplay the collapse (either of them). I did not say I agreed with any Wilpon mantra about meaningful games in September. You continue to do this...

I strongly was in favor of them spending the money on Orlando Hudson... a guy who IS a gamer, a natural leader, a perfect #2 hitter, and a gold glove 2B... Castillo be damned. I was sure they wouldn't do it because there was no way to move Castillo, and I knew the Mets would not pay large contracts to 2 second baseman for one to be a pinch hitter/runner.

I disagreed with them spending on Manny. I wanted Lowe and I wanted Hudson. IMO if they had done those deals they would have accomplished getting some "GAMERS" as teammates, something I also see is what this team sorely needs.

when you defend this team with the exuse of "they were right there" there is no need to put words in your mouth, you have bought hook line and sinker the shit the Wilpons sell you.

As for Lowe? 5 years for a 35 year old pitcher is too much. Why can this organization not allow Niese to be the 5th starter and learn in the big leagues? Is he not as good as Livan Hernandez?

As long as Castillo was here they were not spending more on a 2Bmen. Suprisignly Castillo looks spry after losing 20 pounds, thus far he is not the problem.

BTW, where can we get a nice young catcher like Jesus Flores? Oh wait we had him nevermind........

when you defend this team with the exuse of "they were right there" there is no need to put words in your mouth, you have bought hook line and sinker the shit the Wilpons sell you.

As for Lowe? 5 years for a 35 year old pitcher is too much. Why can this organization not allow Niese to be the 5th starter and learn in the big leagues? Is he not as good as Livan Hernandez?

As long as Castillo was here they were not spending more on a 2Bmen. Suprisignly Castillo looks spry after losing 20 pounds, thus far he is not the problem.

BTW, where can we get a nice young catcher like Jesus Flores? Oh wait we had him nevermind........

Once again, seeing as they were one game away from being in the playoffs... that by definition is RIGHT THERE. I also said that is not to say that the collapses weren't horrific. They choked, for sure. What, you think I am happy that they missed by one game? It has been excruciating for me to watch these Mets the last 3 years. You like to take one part of what I say and play it up. This has continued to go around in circles. You seem to like to nitpick on certain words I'll use, take them out of context, or just play semantics. It's a tired game. You sir, are becoming the Italian Hotdog of this board very quickly.

BTW, Lowe got a 4 year deal, not a 5 year deal, and he is a horse. He has done very well so far this season, way better than anyone we've had after Johan. Last start, Lowe pitched 8 innings and allowed 2 hits, 0 ER against the Phils. Lowe is a gamer, and I wouldn't be shocked if he gives 3 quality years to the Braves at a strong #2, with the out year possibly having him starting to decline. But even in that out year I'd bet he'd produce better than what we get from our fifth starter this year, and probably our 4th as well.

As far as Castillo goes, he's done well, I'm merely saying at the time I wanted Hudson. And I would STILL take Hudson. Hudson has more to him than just a bat and good defense. He has intangibles that this team needs and is a natural leader. All that said I'm pleased with Castillo's play thus far and hope he keeps the hot hitting up.

BTW, Niese has stunk it up in 3 starts in AAA thus far, even worse than our guys up here. So right now you can't say he'd be better than Johan with any measure of confidence.

What's so great about Jesus Flores anyways?

What's so great about Jesus Flores anyways?

Jesus Flores in 90 games last year drove in 58 runs, hit 9 home runs and played good defense.

You want to tell me the Mets have a younger more capable catcher on their roster with the upside of Flores?

Jesus Flores in 90 games last year drove in 58 runs, hit 9 home runs and played good defense.

You want to tell me the Mets have a younger more capable catcher on their roster with the upside of Flores?

Yes, Omir Santos.

Flores also struck out 78 times in 301 ABs, and had an OBP of .296, walked only 15 times. He showed some pop (8 homers, not 9), but he is NOT a good hitter. He might be a good defensive catcher, but so is Schneider. The more I see of Santos, the more I like him.

Yes, Omir Santos.

Flores also struck out 78 times in 301 ABs, and had an OBP of .296, walked only 15 times. He showed some pop (8 homers, not 9), but he is NOT a good hitter. He might be a good defensive catcher, but so is Schneider. The more I see of Santos, the more I like him.

LOL

Santos is nothing more than a 3rd catcher. Flores is the real deal, as evidence with the two bombs

he hit against the Mets this past series.

Yes, Omir Santos.

You have done it this time, topped every assinine statement you have ever made all in one shot. Ask a simple question get a bias no fact answer :lol:

I am sorry, Flores had 8 not 9 homers. I never said he was Johnny fucking bench, I asked if the Mets have a more capable young catcher on their roster.

AND you give me OMIR SANTOS :lol: First off Santos is not young, he is 29. Second of all he is not a prospect, he was picked up as a MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENT :lol:

Like Santos all you want, he is a career journeyman and a backup at best, Flores is a young player coming into his own Flores is not yet 25 years old and has shown some upside.

Please Jim, be a tad objective I know you fall in love with the flavor of the month, but really Omir Santos :lol:

You have done it this time, topped every assinine statement you have ever made all in one shot. Ask a simple question get a bias no fact answer :lol:

I am sorry, Flores had 8 not 9 homers. I never said he was Johnny fucking bench, I asked if the Mets have a more capable young catcher on their roster.

AND you give me OMIR SANTOS :lol: First off Santos is not young, he is 29. Second of all he is not a prospect, he was picked up as a MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENT :lol:

Like Santos all you want, he is a career journeyman and a backup at best, Flores is a young player coming into his own Flores is not yet 25 years old and has shown some upside.

Please Jim, be a tad objective I know you fall in love with the flavor of the month, but really Omir Santos :lol:

Wrong again. He will be 28 in a couple of days.

I like Santos because he showed good power in the Spring, hit very well, and has continued that in games so far this season.

If you can like Jesus Flores, a guy whose career batting average is .256, I suppose I can like Santos, with his small sample size, too.

You crowning Jesus Flores as some great young catcher is just as baffling to me as my suggesting Santos could be a good one to you.

Nice chatting with you, Hotdog.

Wrong again. He will be 28 in a couple of days.

I like Santos because he showed good power in the Spring, hit very well, and has continued that in games so far this season.

If you can like Jesus Flores, a guy whose career batting average is .256, I suppose I can like Santos, with his small sample size, too.

You crowning Jesus Flores as some great young catcher is just as baffling to me as my suggesting Santos could be a good one to you.

Nice chatting with you, Hotdog.

I am wrong based on 1 year of his age and 1 home run...lmao keep up the fact checking JIM ;)

I am not crowning Jesus Flores, a 24 year old catcher who will be 24 all year long and has continued to show improvement every year since 2006 in the minors.

You are the guy that CROWNS players, from Pagan or Aregenis Reyes or the next flavor of the month. I never said Flores was JOhnny Bench, I asked a simple question, which apparently is still beyond your realm of comprehension.

Santos is a jornneyman, if Flores has a small body Santos has NONE, 23 CAREER AT BATS, TWENTY FUCKING THREE. Not 300 + where he has shown continued improvement from day 1.

For the record I am not crowning the guy, I am asking a simple question which apparently is just not simple enough for you. At least if you wanted to make a reasonable, at the very least respectable answer to back up you never bash the Mets nonsense you would retort with a player of reasonable age and one that has not been released numerous times....

Wow...I just can't believe that people believe Omir Santos is a prospect. Wow, now I have heard it

all. He isn't a prospect, he is pretty much nothing at all. To even note that he is a prospect is completely

false.

Santos isn't a young great catcher yet, but he can develop into one. I don't think it would surprise

anyone either. Omar has said that one of his biggest mistakes was leaving Flores off the 40 man

roster and leaving him vulnerable in the Rule 5 draft.

Wow...I just can't believe that people believe Omir Santos is a prospect. Wow, now I have heard it

all. He isn't a prospect, he is pretty much nothing at all. To even note that he is a prospect is completely

false.

Santos isn't a young great catcher yet, but he can develop into one. I don't think it would surprise

anyone either. Omar has said that one of his biggest mistakes was leaving Flores off the 40 man

Stop making sense Hot Dog

false.

So what is a prospect to you, Golfin'? How about you, xxi? What do you call a prospect?

There's an article over on mets.com about Manuel really liking Santos. Did you read it?

I'm not crowning Santos. I'm saying that he has impressed me in what little I've seen of him, and the Mets seem to like him, hence the article written highlighting him. Before you start, Mets Hotdog, I'm well aware that some writers blow quotes out of proportion to create a story.

I did not crown Argenis Reyes. I just liked him better than Luis Castillo last year.

Many of the players I comment positively on are role players that I think can make contributions... not that I view them as future all-stars.

Thanks for replying in a respectable manner, Golfin'.

XXI, this thread was never even about Flores, or Santos, or any other catcher, but you continue to prove my point that you are always looking for a fight by provoking bigger arguments about small comments or details. I'm pretty sure that we agree on a lot more about the Mets than you'd care to admit. I think you're a pretty smart guy. Why don't you use that great intelligence of yours on something other than being a giant asshole on this board?

BTW I will keep fact-checking you, because for as much as you talk, you sure do miss a lot of details.

So what is a prospect to you, Golfin'? How about you, xxi? What do you call a prospect?

There's an article over on mets.com about Manuel really liking Santos. Did you read it?

I'm not crowning Santos. I'm saying that he has impressed me in what little I've seen of him, and the Mets seem to like him, hence the article written highlighting him. Before you start, Mets Hotdog, I'm well aware that some writers blow quotes out of proportion to create a story.

I did not crown Argenis Reyes. I just liked him better than Luis Castillo last year.

Many of the players I comment positively on are role players that I think can make contributions... not that I view them as future all-stars.

Thanks for replying in a respectable manner, Golfin'.

XXI, this thread was never even about Flores, or Santos, or any other catcher, but you continue to prove my point that you are always looking for a fight by provoking bigger arguments about small comments or details. I'm pretty sure that we agree on a lot more about the Mets than you'd care to admit. I think you're a pretty smart guy. Why don't you use that great intelligence of yours on something other than being a giant asshole on this board?

BTW I will keep fact-checking you, because for as much as you talk, you sure do miss a lot of details.

So now I am an asshole? Again personal attacks.... not surprised....will not dignify it or stoop to your level though so nice try.

So I tried to provoke a fight by asking a simple, almost innocent question in terms of the Mets roster and makeup in regards to EX Met jesus Flores, a young player who seems to be getting better at the major league level.....talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack...no problem I will cease to ask you any question that you seem to be insecure about....more on that later

BTW JIM if the people that do it so choose I will post the PM's where others send me hysterical notes about my back and forth with you laughing at you....and that is not a lie.....

I miss a lot? 1 homer on a stat(that you looked up) and 1 birth year(that you also looked up) yeah I miss a lot. As it concerns you I am confident in saying I am more intelligent than you. Again it does not matter to me, this is a MB and its baseball, not real and not anything to get me all ruffled up about, quite frankly I do not give a flying fuck what you think about me because I am sure as on this MB I would not like you if I met you outside the MB anyway......

Here is how it is JIM, I am done with you. No more, I will quietly laugh at you in the background and continue to discuss things with people who actually have an opinion I give a fuck about.

Adios

So now I am an asshole? Again personal attacks.... not surprised....will not dignify it or stoop to your level though so nice try.

Notice my wording. I did not say you are an asshole, but that you were "being an asshole". There is a big difference, just like you haven't called me assinine, but have said many of my comments are assinine, or the fact that you haven't directly called me stupid, but have never turned down an opportunity to call a comment of mine stupid. However, had I called you an asshole, which might be an appropriate labeling, I wouldn't be hiding behind careful phrasing, sarcasm, and/or underhanded remarks in an attempt to have some kind of contrived, self-appointed high road that you think you have.

So I tried to provoke a fight by asking a simple, almost innocent question in terms of the Mets roster and makeup in regards to EX Met jesus Flores, a young player who seems to be getting better at the major league level.....talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack...no problem I will cease to ask you any question that you seem to be insecure about....more on that later

Nope, had nothing to do with Flores.... more your repeated tone in your writing that reflects not mine, but your insecurity. See, I have no problem telling you my faults. Yes, I am a passionate guy. I might make comments more out of emotion sometimes. But when it comes to calling a spade a spade, I will do so. You have made a concerted effort, not talking about Flores here, but in this and many other threads, to make unprovoked remarks that in which you make underhanded disparaging remarks about me.... I can post links if you wish.

BTW JIM if the people that do it so choose I will post the PM's where others send me hysterical notes about my back and forth with you laughing at you....and that is not a lie.....

Please do so. It would be nice if everyone's cards were on the table. I can admit when I've crossed a line. It's your problem that you cannot do the same.

I miss a lot? 1 homer on a stat(that you looked up) and 1 birth year(that you also looked up) yeah I miss a lot.

That's just in this thread.

As it concerns you I am confident in saying I am more intelligent than you.

That does not surprise me. It's been apparent for a long time that you are a legend in your own mind. I have different adjectives, though, that I would replace "intelligent" with in that statement in describing you. But I will not "stoop to your level" by writing them here :rolleyes:

Again it does not matter to me, this is a MB and its baseball, not real and not anything to get me all ruffled up about, quite frankly I do not give a flying fuck what you think about me because I am sure as on this MB I would not like you if I met you outside the MB anyway......

I don't hang out with arrogant pricks, so that won't ever happen.

Here is how it is JIM, I am done with you. No more, I will quietly laugh at you in the background and continue to discuss things with people who actually have an opinion I give a fuck about.

Adios

I'm pretty sure that a long time ago I asked you to do this very thing. I'm very certain that I said something along the lines of making a deal with you about not responding to your shit if you stopped responding to mine... but instead you responded that you will make a point out of responding to every one of my threads/posts. Sound familiar? You've kept your word, you've been committed to not only make your insinuating remarks about/to me in this forum but others as well. So NOW you finally are going to STFU. Well allow me to be the first to :clap:

Also, congratulations for finally reaching down and discovering you have a pair in this thread. At last you finally said what you think instead of making subtle, backhanded, and disingenuous remarks about/to me.

I hope that you are just as committed to "being done with" me as you were in being a prick to me... but somehow, I'm doubt it. But again, as I said before, if you can keep your figurative trap shut about me and what I post, I will do the same.