SP Livan Hernandez

CL K-Rod

RP Putz

RP Parnell

RP Green

RP Stokes

RP Feliciano

RP Redding

Evans and O'Day just miss the cut. Although, I till think O'Day might have a shot at the 11th hour to take Stokes' spot. I don't think Parnell is going anywhere, and personally, I'm anxious to see what he's going to do in real games.

I wish they could find room for Evans, but it's not going to happen until somebody gets hurt. I think Niese will be the 6th starter and they'll keep Redding as the long man for as long as they can.

This is what it looks like it's going to be:

SS Reyes

LF Murphy

3B Wright

1B Delgado

CF Beltran

RF Church

C Schneider

2B Castillo

Bench

UTIL Fernando Tatis

SS/2B Alex Cora

OF Marlon Anderson

OF Jeremy Reed

C Ramon Castro

SP Santana

SP Perez

SP Pelfrey

SP Maine

SP Livan Hernandez

CL K-Rod

RP Putz

RP Parnell

RP Green

RP Stokes

RP Feliciano

RP Redding

Evans and O'Day just miss the cut. Although, I till think O'Day might have a shot at the 11th hour to take Stokes' spot. I don't think Parnell is going anywhere, and personally, I'm anxious to see what he's going to do in real games.

I wish they could find room for Evans, but it's not going to happen until somebody gets hurt. I think Niese will be the 6th starter and they'll keep Redding as the long man for as long as they can.

acctually bro Nick evens did make the roster and sooo did O'Day.... redding is in the minors and i think Livan will start the year off in the minors if im not mistaken......but other than that i think the roster looks pretty good man im excited for this year.....

acctually bro Nick evens did make the roster and sooo did O'Day.... redding is in the minors and i think Livan will start the year off in the minors if im not mistaken......but other than that i think the roster looks pretty good man im excited for this year.....

Wait just a second! There can only be 25 guys on the roster! Livan I'm pretty sure was named the 5th starter. So if he's starting the year in the minors it's only a formality until his turn comes up in the rotation, then Evans or O'Day will go down. O'Day is strange case, because he was a Rule 5 draft pick from the Angels. I'm not sure if he just has to make the opening day roster for them to keep him, or if he cannot be optioned at all to the minors. What I do know is that he must make the Opening Day roster or they must return him to the Angels. So perhaps they are just keeping him for a few days until they can option him, then bring up Livan for his start.

I do see that Evans is still with the big club, but I don't think he'll stay there for Opening day because I don't think there's room.

OK, I just found this from Mets.com:

Rotation: Johan Santana, Mike Pelfrey, Oliver Perez, John Maine, Livan Hernandez (Hernandez will be added to the roster for the Mets' fifth game, in Miami on April 11)

Infielders: Carlos Delgado, Luis Castillo, David Wright, Jose Reyes, Anderson, Alex Cora, Nick Evans (Evans will begin the season on the big league roster. The plan is to return him to the Minor Leagues when Hernandez is added to the roster)

So you are correct. I apologize for not having my ducks in a row! In any case, Evans won't be up for long, unless someone gets hurt between now and April 13th.

Very surprised about Redding. They didn't mention him in the article, either. I thought he was a shoe-in for long man, but evidently that will be Stokes' role. Very excited about Parnell's prospects this year, too.

Wait just a second! There can only be 25 guys on the roster! Livan I'm pretty sure was named the 5th starter. So if he's starting the year in the minors it's only a formality until his turn comes up in the rotation, then Evans or O'Day will go down. O'Day is strange case, because he was a Rule 5 draft pick from the Angels. I'm not sure if he just has to make the opening day roster for them to keep him, or if he cannot be optioned at all to the minors. What I do know is that he must make the Opening Day roster or they must return him to the Angels. So perhaps they are just keeping him for a few days until they can option him, then bring up Livan for his start.

I do see that Evans is still with the big club, but I don't think he'll stay there for Opening day because I don't think there's room.

OK, I just found this from Mets.com:

So you are correct. I apologize for not having my ducks in a row! In any case, Evans won't be up for long, unless someone gets hurt between now and April 13th.

Very surprised about Redding. They didn't mention him in the article, either. I thought he was a shoe-in for long man, but evidently that will be Stokes' role. Very excited about Parnell's prospects this year, too.

Do not be surprised if Evans sticks and they shitcan Marlon Anderson. The Mets have a backup 2b/ss in Cora and Evans can play 1B and both corner spots in the OF and hit from the right side

That would give you nice athletic balance of Evans and Reed for the OF/backup 1B spots along with right handed Tatis, lefty Church and lefty Murphy for the bulk of the corner roles not having to worry about backup 2b/ss