SportsWrath

I'm sure we all can guess who wrote this:

fringe

To whom it may concern:

I would like to start off by saying that I am a die-hard baseball fan. Until recently, I considered myself a life-long fan of the San Diego Padres. Some of my earliest memories are going to Padres games and to spring training with my family.

However, after the recent events with Padres ownership and management, I have come to the conclusion that they are doing a huge disservice not only to their fans but to the community as well. You must agree that decades-long Padres fans – such as myself – have had plenty to bemoan, and precious little to celebrate. The final straw was trading away my favorite player, letting the fan favorite closer leave town (and letting the door hit him on the way out), and actively trying to sell their highest trading chip. My loyalty has been strained before, but only now have I reached certain conclusions.

People say that baseball is a business. I realize that sometimes certain things, however unpopular, must be done for the greater good. It is my belief though, that fans need not be passive participants in this business. I buy apparel and concessions, contribute to television ratings, and help build excitement with my fellow fans by talking up the team and its players. Indeed, without fans like me, the baseball economy would fall apart!

I am writing to you today to inform you that my loyalty as a fan is officially for sale. It was, perhaps, foolish of me to have been giving it away freely for so long. I want to throw my support behind a team that has a commitment to winning. I will buy a jersey (perhaps you can recommend one), go out of my way to attend as many games as possible, including spring training. I will watch what games I cannot attend on television. I will vigorously defend your franchise to my friends, family, colleagues, and on the internet.

In exchange for my loyalty, I ask only two things. First, an explanation of why I should choose the [insert team name here] over other Major League teams? Second, a New Era team baseball cap (size 7 5/8) – to help me get started on my journey.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you,

Tim :ph34r:

haha. good riddance to bad fans. the fire sale is over and any fan worth a damn knew hoffman had to go. i was defending that dude since i was 14 years old and got into countless arguments about him on this very board but even i reached a breaking point and so should have everone else after that last week of the 07 season

i heard costas radio show this morning and he was talking hall of famers with 2 writers who had votes.

they talked about hoffman and a guy from elias said 'i'm going to have to search thru his box scores. i know he had a lot of saves but the ones i remember seem to be the blown ones. '

i heard costas radio show this morning and he was talking hall of famers with 2 writers who had votes.

they talked about hoffman and a guy from elias said 'i'm going to have to search thru his box scores. i know he had a lot of saves but the ones i remember seem to be the blown ones. '

he has the best save percentage of all time. and obviously everyone remembers the blown saves cuz he never blows a meaningless game that isn't on national tv

he has the best save percentage of all time. and obviously everyone remembers the blown saves cuz he never blows a meaningless game that isn't on national tv

east coast bias on display. all the writers go to sleep after the yankee game.