SportsWrath

A blog comment for you to read

What do you feel about this person's comments? Agree? Disagree? Counterpoints?

Link to article. Comment at the bottom.

I fear a let down here as well - why? B/c despite their record, I feel like the Giants have been playing right on the margin for much of the season. They've played some ugly games and beaten the worst teams (sans KC) in the NFL. Yes, a huge & tough win @ Pit., but Pit. was really really knicked up w/out some real key guys. NY played one great half against Wash. and then did zero in the 2nd half, kept a horrible STL team around for 3Qs, and despite going 2-1 looked horrible against Cin., Cle. and SF. I don't expect them to diminate everyone like SEA but I think they are very fortunate to be 6-1. If they aren't completely in focus, they could lose to Dal. Now is the time to get Dal., continue to pad the record for a ridiculously tough stretch run.

I think the D is basically doing all they can do and have been all year. But the offense has rarely completely clicked. They need to be more agressive against the better teams and spread it out a little bit more - they have enough weapons to take the pressure off the D, but they have rarely done that. Playing it too close to the vest has kept too many teams close. I'd rather they try to spread and stretch early and run late.

Having said all that, I think THIS TEAM really has their sh-t together (minus Plax) in terms of bringing effort and limiting mental mistakes. I was a little concerned seeing only Smith even willing to make eye contact with Manning as he attempted to fire-up the offense though. Manning still needs to command more respect and it seems as his personality just doesn't do that to a great enough level.

What do you feel about this person's comments? Agree? Disagree? Counterpoints?

Link to article. Comment at the bottom.

I fear a let down here as well - why? B/c despite their record, I feel like the Giants have been playing right on the margin for much of the season. They've played some ugly games and beaten the worst teams (sans KC) in the NFL. Yes, a huge & tough win @ Pit., but Pit. was really really knicked up w/out some real key guys. NY played one great half against Wash. and then did zero in the 2nd half, kept a horrible STL team around for 3Qs, and despite going 2-1 looked horrible against Cin., Cle. and SF. I don't expect them to diminate everyone like SEA but I think they are very fortunate to be 6-1. If they aren't completely in focus, they could lose to Dal. Now is the time to get Dal., continue to pad the record for a ridiculously tough stretch run.

I think the D is basically doing all they can do and have been all year. But the offense has rarely completely clicked. They need to be more agressive against the better teams and spread it out a little bit more - they have enough weapons to take the pressure off the D, but they have rarely done that. Playing it too close to the vest has kept too many teams close. I'd rather they try to spread and stretch early and run late.

Having said all that, I think THIS TEAM really has their sh-t together (minus Plax) in terms of bringing effort and limiting mental mistakes. I was a little concerned seeing only Smith even willing to make eye contact with Manning as he attempted to fire-up the offense though. Manning still needs to command more respect and it seems as his personality just doesn't do that to a great enough level.

Is it just me or does the media seem to have forgotten that Osi is out for the season?