SportsWrath
Sign in to follow this  
mickeef2

Papelbon

Well, the bloom is clearly off the rose. Another blown save today. Would it be too much to ask to throw a breaking ball in the dirt on 0-2, instead of trying to blow a fastball by the guy right down the middle? How many times has he gotten burned doing this this year? I guess 'Tek has to share the blame, too.

Well, the bloom is clearly off the rose. Another blown save today. Would it be too much to ask to throw a breaking ball in the dirt on 0-2, instead of trying to blow a fastball by the guy right down the middle? How many times has he gotten burned doing this this year? I guess 'Tek has to share the blame, too.

He's been a bit more hittable this year but I'm not too worried. He's given up more homeruns than I'd like but he has still struck out 43 in 33.1 innings with 5 walks. Give him time, these things happen. I'm more worried about the bullpen. They made up a phantom injury to finally get Timlin out of there, but still, they've gotta step it up.

He's been a bit more hittable this year but I'm not too worried. He's given up more homeruns than I'd like but he has still struck out 43 in 33.1 innings with 5 walks. Give him time, these things happen. I'm more worried about the bullpen. They made up a phantom injury to finally get Timlin out of there, but still, they've gotta step it up.

I hear you, Lorf. It's just frustrating because of the way he's been blowing them. Like I said: 0-2, the guy just chased two fastballs way up out of the zone, how about spinning something into the dirt and see if he chases. Too reliant on the fastball.