SportsWrath

ARe the mets Really a contender???

meetdamets

Mets fans it is now June,10 2008, ANd our New York Mets are 6.5 games outta first place with a below .500 recored......Now coming into the 2008 season did we really think we were this bad, I know i didnt. There are many reasons why watching my beloved Mets fail over,and over, and over........etc Makes me sick but im just gonna list a few reasons. ANd also im gonna list what we can doo to WAKE UP..

1.Oliver Perez aka Mister Inconsistent...He wants 9+million a yr this is his contract year and unless he really picks it up in the seconed half i dont see him in a met uni next season...And personally i wouldnt be mad he makes me sick with his lack of effort and NO mental toughness..

2.Aaron Heilman aka Hit-the-ball Heilman...Plane and simple this clown needs to goo every time i hear his name i cringe and get the erge to beat my own ass.....

3.Scott Schoeneweis aka .......... I have nothing to say about him but Simply he cant pitch to right handed hitters

4. The Carlos's AKA The loss Beltran i try so hard to like you i really doo but knowing that we over paid for you and watching you Lolly gag around the diamond makes me want to vomit....And Delgado i dont really blame you its not your fault your old im just mad we gave up Mike Jacobs for your over the hill ass...

Ok met fans i know you might not like my negitivity but i LOVE this team and i really hate the road were going down.....We must clean House next season.......ALou BYE BYE Delgado BYE BYE OUR ENTIRE BULlpen LOL BYE BYE.......We need to get rid of all these old Injury pron players and let some young hungry Minor leaugers battle for a spot........Please feel free to add on or bash what i have too say.........PLease METS Get it together

I knew this team was in trouble. They played shitty baseball for 3/4 of a year and it caught up with them by September last year and teams that have that happen usually never recover.

They are old.

They do not like one another.

They are overrated.

They are this bad and IMO its only gonna get worse.

Count me as one who thinks we will be better. And by better, I mean finish above .500. I don't know what that means, as far as getting in with the wild card or not, or even catching the Phils (not likely but I can't rule it out). The way I look at the Mets is with what those investment companies say: "Past performances not indicative of future results." This team could go in any direction. Duaner Sanchez's arm could get stronger. Schoenweis could return to early season form, and Heilman could regain 2007 form. Beltran could find his homerun stroke, Pedro could provide a big lift in the second half, and so could Ryan Church. There are a lot of possibilities. I am not happy with this team, but we are not out of it, although I'm disgusted, I can't say this team is incapable of getting back in the race. I agree that it's not likely but it could happen.

If it doesn't at least we can look forward to a 2009 with no Delgado, no El Duque, no Pedro (still love ya but the salary isn't justified, and no Alou). With that much money coming off the books, the Mets should be able to be BIG players in free agency which means in the unlikely event Teixeira leaves Atlanta, the Mets could get him, and we can upgrade the outfield and the starting pitching with another ace.

Count me as one who thinks we will be better. And by better, I mean finish above .500. I don't know what that means, as far as getting in with the wild card or not, or even catching the Phils (not likely but I can't rule it out). The way I look at the Mets is with what those investment companies say: "Past performances not indicative of future results." This team could go in any direction. Duaner Sanchez's arm could get stronger. Schoenweis could return to early season form, and Heilman could regain 2007 form. Beltran could find his homerun stroke, Pedro could provide a big lift in the second half, and so could Ryan Church. There are a lot of possibilities. I am not happy with this team, but we are not out of it, although I'm disgusted, I can't say this team is incapable of getting back in the race. I agree that it's not likely but it could happen.

If it doesn't at least we can look forward to a 2009 with no Delgado, no El Duque, no Pedro (still love ya but the salary isn't justified, and no Alou). With that much money coming off the books, the Mets should be able to be BIG players in free agency which means in the unlikely event Teixeira leaves Atlanta, the Mets could get him, and we can upgrade the outfield and the starting pitching with another ace.

You forgot in your things that "could happen" to cite how pigs can fly :P

No one wants to realize the obvious here. This team has played like SHIT for 1 ENTIRE year now. Not 9 weeks, not 2 weeks, not 8 games 1 WHOLE YEAR. Like the great Parcells use to say when he was here, You are what your record says you are.

When you combine that, with the pressures of playing with the dubious distinction of being the team that had one of the biggest collapses in the history of baseball you have an awful combination.

See here is the thing, if these guys actually liked one another, maybe they could bunker down and have a take on the world mentality(say like the Giants did in 07 with the naysayers and Barber bullshit)but sadly they do not. They are a toxic mix if you will and the blame for that is squarely on the shoulders of the general manager.

You know I have a friend who is a huge Met fan and knows the people who follow the team on the road for like 50 games a year. Know what they told him? That beltran is a great guy, signs autographs, talks, is friendly, smiles at the hotel all the time, EXCEPT when he is with Delgado. When he is with Delgado is ignores people, does not talk to other teammates and is introverted. What does that tell you? Beltran is a phony and Delgado is a fucking cancer. Like I said, toxic mix.

You forgot in your things that "could happen" to cite how pigs can fly :P

No one wants to realize the obvious here. This team has played like SHIT for 1 ENTIRE year now. Not 9 weeks, not 2 weeks, not 8 games 1 WHOLE YEAR. Like the great Parcells use to say when he was here, You are what your record says you are.

When you combine that, with the pressures of playing with the dubious distinction of being the team that had one of the biggest collapses in the history of baseball you have an awful combination.

See here is the thing, if these guys actually liked one another, maybe they could bunker down and have a take on the world mentality(say like the Giants did in 07 with the naysayers and Barber bullshit)but sadly they do not. They are a toxic mix if you will and the blame for that is squarely on the shoulders of the general manager.

You know I have a friend who is a huge Met fan and knows the people who follow the team on the road for like 50 games a year. Know what they told him? That beltran is a great guy, signs autographs, talks, is friendly, smiles at the hotel all the time, EXCEPT when he is with Delgado. When he is with Delgado is ignores people, does not talk to other teammates and is introverted. What does that tell you? Beltran is a phony and Delgado is a fucking cancer. Like I said, toxic mix.

This is my Take on the whole players not liking each other........I think That willie has lost his team,They are not playing with any intensity,ergency....or pride...WIllie i love ya bro but you gotta goo THROW Bobby V some cash steal him form Asians we need a Manager with some BALLS and over all knowledge for the game..Like today we scored 5 runs real quick then the bats went silent.........LOL this is really getting old our bullpen is UN GODLY BAD....the royals have a better PEN for god sakes.......OMAR, WILLIE SAY GOOD BYE GET ATTA HERE

This is my Take on the whole players not liking each other........I think That willie has lost his team,They are not playing with any intensity,ergency....or pride...WIllie i love ya bro but you gotta goo THROW Bobby V some cash steal him form Asians we need a Manager with some BALLS and over all knowledge for the game..Like today we scored 5 runs real quick then the bats went silent.........LOL this is really getting old our bullpen is UN GODLY BAD....the royals have a better PEN for god sakes.......OMAR, WILLIE SAY GOOD BYE GET ATTA HERE

At the end of the day I have to agree with you. Willie has managed an underacheiving team for like xxi said, 1 whole year. Their are too many talented players on the roster to give Willie a pass. Sure there has been adversity, but I've never seen a team play so tight before, so averted to pressure. This team folds up like a lawn chair when it faces adversity, and I put that on Randolph not doing anything, not having a sense of urgency, not allowing this team to play looser. Look at Ozzie Guillen. He took a lot of heat for calling out his team in the media, but doggoneit, they responded. Everytime Willie is questioned he defends the club. Well there is no defense you can give, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and do whatever it takes to light a fire. Even embarrass them. Embarrassment can be a great motivator.

I think this team needs a change of leadership, even though I really like Willie Randolph, it's just not about being a nice guy anymore. Their maybe some teams that thrive under quiet, composed leadership, but this team isn't one of them. And even though I love HoJo, and he was a childhood idol of mine, the bats have been just too damn inconsistent and you have to look at him as well. It's just unfortunate that this team has put their manager and coaches on the hot seat.

And don't get me wrong, XXI, I agree with you about the last year. Recent history says they can't and won't come back from this. But I still maintain that history be damned, anything can happen in baseball and it's too early to close the book on this team. There is no rational reason for me to believe it could happen, given last year and this year, but as I said before, teams have endured horrible starts to seasons before and finished strong to make the postseason, and you can look no further than last years Phils for an example. They were left for dead a month into the season. Again, not saying it will happen, not even saying I even have any faith in it happening, only recognizing that it still could happen so I for one will hold on to that little ray of hope.