SportsWrath

Hatteberg

Allstarjim

Well there's an article on the Mets website about possibly acquiring Scott Hatteberg if he clears waivers, which I'm sure he will. Hatteberg is a 38 year old player, another old guy who's been in decline for quite awhile now. He was batting .173 with a .262 on-base average and .231 slugging percentage in 61 plate appearances for Cincinatti.

So because of Delgado's ineffectiveness, they are going to bring another ineffective old guy to give him more days off? I say just let Tatis play 1st on those days, of course after Alou comes back. I also think Endy should play more left field, even after Marlon Anderson comes back.

I'm not saying this just because of last night, but I love Tatis on this team. He has come up big in big spots when a lot of our other "stars" have shrunk from the moment. He has been an RBI machine since coming up, with 6 RBIs in 8 games. He has definitely earned some time on this team, and in my view.

Hatteberg is shit. One dimensional and left handed. Only way I sign him is if they trade/release Delgado, which at this point is not so far fetched.

As for Tatis, lets ride him while he is hot, but he is what he is.

This team is a mess, but its nice to see that the scrubs care.

Apparently Delgado is pissed that he did not play, bitching and moaning. WHat an utter POS this guy has turned out to be.

Seriously, how can he piss and moan when he hasn't performed at the plate and has been pretty bad defensively as well?

I would give a little more lattitude to Tatis because at one time he could really hit, but was derailed by some pretty significant injuries. He is a veteran that isn't complete crap and his approach at the plate has really impressed me. No, he's not going to be a superstar performer, but he can help this team. Hopefully he can stay hot long enough for Wright and Beltran to start really hitting their stride, if that ever happens.

Tatis was steroid guy, mentioned BY NAME in the Mitchell report.

Clearly thats where his success came from. He was a decen hitter whom used roids to be a great hitter and power hitter. Kind of like Giambi, but never as good when he was juicing.

Tatis was steroid guy, mentioned BY NAME in the Mitchell report.

Clearly thats where his success came from. He was a decen hitter whom used roids to be a great hitter and power hitter. Kind of like Giambi, but never as good when he was juicing.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. That said, I'm not looking for him to hit 30 homeruns, just to supply a little bit more power and good contact than what our other reserves have given us. Hopefully, he can be that guy. Ever since he's been in the mix good things have usually happened when it's mattered. Small sample size still, but as you might imagine, I remain optimistic.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. That said, I'm not looking for him to hit 30 homeruns, just to supply a little bit more power and good contact than what our other reserves have given us. Hopefully, he can be that guy. Ever since he's been in the mix good things have usually happened when it's mattered. Small sample size still, but as you might imagine, I remain optimistic.

You seem to be right about tatis thus far, he has seemed to ignite a fire under the ass of this team. Is it possible that these overpaid, underachieving superstars see where a guy who just 8 short years ago was one of the best 3rd basemen in the league is now and how hard he is fighting to stay. Like I said, ride em as long as you can, but much like Valentin in 2006, you have to love what this guy is giving the team.

Where'd you hear that Delgado was pissed?

Someone on here said that he wasn't pleased with sitting two games in a row and made it known. It wasn't sourced, so maybe it's not true. I don't live in the NY area so sometimes I assume that those who do get that information from local media.

Either way, he's been hitting ok since the rest, hopefully Willie will sit him like this a couple of games when he can, against some lefties, that is. Great win today. It was great seeing Beltran getting off the homerun schnide and Tatis continue to come up with the big hits that weren't there in the beginning of the season.