SportsWrath

I'm getting really tired of Ollie.

gateb

Not only does it appear that his control got worse, but teams are fouling off more of his pitches, meaning his stuff just hasn't been there this year.

It's so frustrating watching him pitch now. Good luck to the team that dishes 5 years and 60 million to him this offseason.

Seriously. What I appreciate so much about Figueroa is that even though his stuff isn't electric, he throws strikes consistently. Give me that guy over a guy with great stuff and little control.

You do realize there is a reason that Figueroa is 33, been a journeymen for years and has never been able to stick? He is a great story, but on this team his best spot would be as a long man to pitch on days like today.

Personally I think the 40 minute delay today really hurt him. He is the kind of

pitcher who once he gets out of his routine turns to dog shit immediately.

Still I dont think hes been effective at all this year. 5.2 with 0 ER doesn't do that much.

I dont think hes gone 6 this year

You do realize there is a reason that Figueroa is 33, been a journeymen for years and has never been able to stick? He is a great story, but on this team his best spot would be as a long man to pitch on days like today.

I can only comment on what I've seen from him. He's been very successful and steady for this team in a starting role, and he throws strikes. He's been more reliable and consistent than any other pitcher in our rotation right now with the exception of Santana. There are plenty of pitchers that don't "figure it out" until they've been around a long time. I also know he's had some set backs that have occured to him in inopportune times. He also had tremendous success in the other places he's pitched. What's relevant is not where he's been, but what he's doing now. He's consistent and I feel more confident in him than I do Perez or Pelfrey taking the mound that he will give the team a chance to win.