SportsWrath

Check out the hit by OLB Nehemiah Warrick

BleedinBlue

I gotta agree with Nas- it'd be a lot nicer tackle if he wrapped him up. That's a lazy tackle that looks better than it is because the guy was defenseless.

Football is a game of several factors from athleticism, technique, strategy, etc....but never forget that one of the biggest factors in winning teams is called "intimidation". It worked well for Walter Payton, Jack Tatum, L.T., etc. Even now, our running back Jacobs is hitting defenders so hard that the opponents will flinch when it's their job to take him down.

The play was completely legal in college. It was hard, smash-mouth football. Harder hits than this one happen on a regular basis every week during the NFL season....just watch the highlite reels. It would've given me great pleasure if I could've seen this past season, one of our players take out T.O. the way Warrick took out this guy. It's called, "good old fashioned football".......and I pray it never becomes a warm and fuzzy, harmless game where people never get hurt and everybody loves each other. These players at the NFL level are making millions to play a game, while most of us are working our asses off just to survive. We watch the game for entertainment value and it's sorta like a controlled scaled down war, for which there are victors and losers, heroes and goats. If a multi-millionaire adult playing a game gets his head taken off in a play......well, he was willing to take the money and put it in his bank account so he better be willing to take a hit that rings his bell and know that thousands are cheering the hit. Just comes with the territory. If the player can't handle it - he should take a regular job like the rest of us where there's little or no chance of getting hurt.