SportsWrath

El Duque, changing his windup?

xxi-xxv

WTF is that shit all about. He has been doing it for 35 years for gods sake since he was a teenager. Now he is gonna change it because it effects his toe? How about sticking with the old windup and giving us a good 1st half, go on the DL in the 2nd half and be ready to do what you have not been able to do and pitch in October as a Met?

WTF is that shit all about. He has been doing it for 35 50 years for gods sake since he was a teenager. Now he is gonna change it because it effects his toe? How about sticking with the old windup and giving us a good 1st half, go on the DL in the 2nd half and be ready to do what you have not been able to do and pitch in October as a Met?

Fixed.

How much more time does Pelfrey need? It's clear he doesn't have the stones to pitch an agressive gameplan, and his fastball doesn't have as much movement as it was said when he was coming up.

Mets rushed him, I can't say this more than I have. Their was NO need for him to

be called up in 2006 and not sure why Mets brass did so. I think he does have the balls

to pitch an aggressive gameplan...his start against Atlanta was awesome last year.

I can still feel Brian McCain's whiff from Atlanta.

Mets rushed him, I can't say this more than I have. Their was NO need for him to

be called up in 2006 and not sure why Mets brass did so. I think he does have the balls

to pitch an aggressive gameplan...his start against Atlanta was awesome last year.

I can still feel Brian McCain's whiff from Atlanta.

I agree, we rushed up Milledge too. That's why I hope F-Mart doesn't see NY this year.

If it weren't for the Atlanta game, I'd really be done with him. Consistently at 94-95 and his slider was just nasty.

It just seems that whenever he has a chance to establish himself as a clear member of our rotation he falters. Today was a perfect chance.

I agree, we rushed up Milledge too. That's why I hope F-Mart doesn't see NY this year.

If it weren't for the Atlanta game, I'd really be done with him. Consistently at 94-95 and his slider was just nasty.

It just seems that whenever he has a chance to establish himself as a clear member of our rotation he falters. Today was a perfect chance.

Agreed, Pelfrey reminds be alot of Eli Manning. Inconstant.

If only those two pitches like this a week earlier when Lohse was still on the market...

Think the Royals are willing to trade back Bannister for Burgos? <_>

Is he out for the year again? I know he has Tommy John surgery in April/May of last year.

Duque actually has suffered a lot of joint damage from that excessive leg kick and he just can't do it consistently anymore without extreme pain. It was a bad habit that should have been beat out of him the first time he did it...because he probably convinced himself that the high kick was pivotal to his potency of his pitches. Anyway two months into the season and he will be on the DL.