SportsWrath

Let's Go Mets.

Blue Jeans

Look at this shit:

If there's a four-way tie among the Mets, Phillies, Rockies and Pads:

• The Mets and Phillies would play in Philly on Monday to crown the East champ.

• The loser would then enter a three-game mini-tournament for which the Rockies, based on head-to-head records during the regular season, would have the option of trying to win at home and then on the road or just once on the road to advance.

• If the Rockies choose to stay home, their opponent would be determined by the wishes of the team with the second-best combined head-to-head record; it'd be the Phillies if they're involved, but the Padres if the Mets drop into the three-way. That team could choose to play at the Rockies on Tuesday, but it's more likely that it would opt for a single game and travel to play the winner of Tuesday's game on Wednesday.

• If the Rockies opt for the one road game, Tuesday's game would feature New York at San Diego, or San Diego at Philly, with the winner hosting Colorado on Wednesday.

If there's a three-way tie among the Padres, Mets and Phillies: This scenario is possible only if the Padres and Rockies both lose Sunday and the Phillies and Mets both win.

• The Mets and Phillies would play in Philly on Monday to crown the East champ.

• Monday's losing team would play Tuesday to decide the Wild Card. The Padres would either host the Phils, or travel to New York.

There also remains the possibility that there will be a pair of two-way ties needing to be broken, and they will be created only if the Rockies win Sunday and the Padres lose, while the Mets and Phillies both lose to end their Wild Card bids.

If the Mets and Phillies end up tied in the NL East: You already know this one; they'll play one game in Philly on Monday to crown the champ. And if you're wondering why the Phillies don't just get the division title based on their season-series victory over the Mets, it's because head-to-head tie-breakers are used only when both teams already have a playoff spot secured, and they simply determine seeding. Any regular-season tie that would send the loser home for the year has to be broken on the field.

If the Padres and Rockies finish in a tie for the Wild Card: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Colorado.

Admit it: If your favorite team is already out of it, you're pulling for the four-way tie.

Come on...this is how the end of the season should always be!!

All I know...is that at 1pm...my hot little finger is going to be surfin' for tickets to tomorrow nights game. I fully expect it to come down to that...and I soooo want to be there. :P

Come on...this is how the end of the season should always be!!

All I know...is that at 1pm...my hot little finger is going to be surfin' for tickets to tomorrow nights game. I fully expect it to come down to that...and I soooo want to be there. :P

you better get to it now because they went on sale at 10am.