SportsWrath

Admiral Awesome ... sir a quick question?

xxi-xxv

Please tell me all I need to know about Brian Lawrence. I remember him somewhat as a Padre and remember him beating the Mets. Tell me about his stuff, what he needs to do to be decent and if he ever showed any signs of being more than the career 4.10 ERA and many games under .500 pitcher that he is.

fastball sinker slider. he's a bit like perez in the sense that he'll sometimes forget a few minor things in his mechanics and he'll suddenly have a shitty inning. i know perez has a problem with keeping his delivery compact at times and lawrence is the same way with his arm slot, he'll drop down too low in the later innings and peterson might have to go out there and give a gentle reminder. him, eaton and peavy were our future at the turn of the millenium and he was actually the most accomplished of the three for a while--you can even argue he was our ace in 2002 and he had a few years when his era was under 4.00. but then (if i remember correctly) his last season was garbage and then he was hurt for all of 06. to behonest i dont even remember ifhe was in the starting rotation in 05 or if he was in the bullpen

it's a typical omar move. low risk guy who has shown flashes but was hurt and therefore cheap this season. was he pitching in the minors all year? i totally forgot you guys had him until i heard he was starting today

it's a typical omar move. low risk guy who has shown flashes but was hurt and therefore cheap this season. was he pitching in the minors all year? i totally forgot you guys had him until i heard he was starting today

I looked at the starting pitchers in today's paper and thought, "Who the fuck is Lawrence???!!"

I didn't see much of the game, but it took him 12 pitches to get Capuano out...

I looked at the starting pitchers in today's paper and thought, "Who the fuck is Lawrence???!!"

I didn't see much of the game, but it took him 12 pitches to get Capuano out...

that at bat was annoying as hell but capuano is a pretty good hitter.