SportsWrath

Zing and Zing

fringe

08-02) 04:00 PDT Los Angeles -- Matt Morris and the Giants should have an interesting reunion when the Pirates visit San Francisco next week.

In a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters following his trade Tuesday, Morris took a few shots at the Giants, mirroring comments he made privately to some San Francisco writers when he pitched here. Morris said he was excited about returning to the National League Central and "getting some better defense and some young guys who are looking to play hard."

Then, in a comment that could be perceived as a shot at manager Bruce Bochy and former manager Felipe Alou, Morris said, "It's almost been that you start to accept (losing) and I hate to say that, unfortunately. It was different. I was used to Tony La Russa in the past and he kind of runs the show, and there's a lot of structure. I went to the Giants where it was totally the opposite, a different, laid-back feeling." (zing)

Bochy seemed stunned by that comment but publicly resisted the urge to fire back.

"I've heard players in the past say things," Bochy said. "I know our season hasn't gone as well as we've liked. All of us understand that. Matty didn't throw the ball the way he liked his last few starts. (zing)

How can he complain about the fielding? giants have 3rd best fielding percentage. (unless he's talking about dave roberts)

bochy's got a little too much torre in him, when his team is winning he looks like that guy who steadies the ship, when the team's losing he looks like he doesn't care. in either case morris should shut the hell up