SportsWrath

Jeter find that pebble yet?

mickeef2

You know, the one that caused him to misplay that grounder in the 9th yesterday? Listen, I've always liked Jeter as much as a Yankee hater could, but one thing that's always irked me about him is that nothing is ever his fault. He's never taken a called third strike that he didn't argue about, he used to blame all of his errors in Fenway on the infield dirt (funny Nomar never had a problem), etc.

By the way, what a farce that 3d strike swing call on Cuddyer was, huh? I don't think I've ever seen an ump cave in like that guy did.

You know, the one that caused him to misplay that grounder in the 9th yesterday? Listen, I've always liked Jeter as much as a Yankee hater could, but one thing that's always irked me about him is that nothing is ever his fault. He's never taken a called third strike that he didn't argue about, he used to blame all of his errors in Fenway on the infield dirt (funny Nomar never had a problem), etc.

By the way, what a farce that 3d strike swing call on Cuddyer was, huh? I don't think I've ever seen an ump cave in like that guy did.

That seems to be the way people percieve Derek, that he's cocky and its not his fault. If only we could hear what goes on in the clubhouse, Im sure he's takin fault. One could also believe that after years of few errors, that he simply does not know how to react to certain mishaps. But im just makin excuses for Derek now. :P

The ump did cave in, I was surprised.

That seems to be the way people percieve Derek, that he's cocky and its not his fault. If only we could hear what goes on in the clubhouse, Im sure he's takin fault. One could also believe that after years of few errors, that he simply does not know how to react to certain mishaps. But im just makin excuses for Derek now. :P

The ump did cave in, I was surprised.

Nobody told you yet? You're a Yankee fan. You're not allowed to respond rationally. :)

Nobody told you yet? You're a Yankee fan. You're not allowed to respond rationally. :)

Huh?? Did I say that out loud?? :unsure: Uh, I mean, screw that!! There was a big rock there!! What are ya, blind?!?!?!

:P