SportsWrath

Simply Amazin'

gateb

What a great show or whatever it was. I wasn't alive and I really didn't know much about the 86 team but wow did that change.

I don't know what I would've done if I was at or watching Game 6 against Boston. The 86 team was made to win it all. Period.

I was 10 years old and watching some of that old footage brings back great memories. I remember watching Teufel make that error in game 1 and being crushed when the Mets lost. I remember Carter hitting those 2 home runs over the green monster in game 4. The parachute!!! Who could forget that? That was awesome! Game 6 is the greatest game ever in Mets history!! People will say the Mets were lucky and won on an error, but the game was already tied and it wasn't the final game anyway, so they can kiss my orange and blue ass. I remember watching the parade on tv and Mookie Wilson said they were going to win it again in '87, '88, '89 ... I believed him.

The greatest play in that World Series was Mookie Wilson avoiding the wild pitch that allowed the tying run to score in game 6. He did everything in his power to jump out of the way, actually jumping over the ball. If that ball hits him, the run doesn't score and maybe the Mets don't win it.

Nah.... they would have just found another way. :rock:

I was 10 years old and watching some of that old footage brings back great memories. I remember watching Teufel make that error in game 1 and being crushed when the Mets lost. I remember Carter hitting those 2 home runs over the green monster in game 4. The parachute!!! Who could forget that? That was awesome! Game 6 is the greatest game ever in Mets history!! People will say the Mets were lucky and won on an error, but the game was already tied and it wasn't the final game anyway, so they can kiss my orange and blue ass. I remember watching the parade on tv and Mookie Wilson said they were going to win it again in '87, '88, '89 ... I believed him.

The greatest play in that World Series was Mookie Wilson avoiding the wild pitch that allowed the tying run to score in game 6. He did everything in his power to jump out of the way, actually jumping over the ball. If that ball hits him, the run doesn't score and maybe the Mets don't win it.

Nah.... they would have just found another way. :rock:

It seems everything that we didn't do the last 20 years we did that year. Unbelievable. I am now educated :TU: