SportsWrath

The Giants' Pipeline - who will come through it this year?

BleedinBlue

It seems that the Giants have inside information on players from Syracuse and Boston College where TC has connections, not only from the coaches, but has been part of both programs when younger.

Another school that seems to get a lot of attention from the Giants is LSU...and to a lesser degree, USC and Notre Dame.

So anyway, I've put a list of players from S.U, B.C., and L.S.U. I have little doubt that a couple of the players listed will end up on the Giants' team this year.

Who do you think will end up in a Giants uniform when the season starts?

Syracuse Players:

LT - Sean Hickey (6'5" / 310 lbs - projected draft round 4-6)

LT_Sean_Hickey_su.jpg

FS - Durell Eskridge (6'3" / 208 lbs - projected draft round 4-5)

Durell_Eskridge_su.jpg

LB- Dyshawn Davis (6'2" 227 lbs - projected draft round 6-UFA)

LB_Dyshawn_Davis_su.jpg

Boston College Players:

C - Andy Gallik (6'2 / 306 lbs - projected draft round 3-4)

no picture

CB/FS - Sean Sylvia (6'0 / 200 lbs - projected draft round 6-UFA)

sean_sylvia_bc.jpg

LB - Josh Keyes (6'2" / 230 lbs - projected draft round 6- UFA)

jkeys.jpg

LSU Players:

OT - La'el Collins (6'4" / 305 - projected draft round 1st)

La_el_Collins_lsu.jpg

DE - Danielle Hunter (6'5" / 252 lbs - projected draft round late 1st - early 2nd)

Danielle_Hunter_lsu.jpg

FS - Jalen Mills (6'2" / 198 lbs - projected draft round 4-6)

jalen_mills_lsu.jpg

OG - Vadal Alexander (6'6" / 344 - projected draft round 6- ufa)

vadal_alexander_ol_lsu.jpg

I find Josh Keyes from Boston College an interesting prospect. He played strong safety for two years, but because of his speed, was converted to CB. In the NFL, he'd more than likely be put back in the safety position and could be a sleeper pick

I think Durell Eskridge from Syracuse is the most likely candidate to get drafted by our front office, but who knows what is going through their minds.

LSU is stocked with good players and Giants' scouts have spent a lot of time there. I know the Giants like Collins, especially after he completely shut down, dominated, and man-handled Donte Fowler making him his bitch - Fowler of course is considered to be the best stand-up edge rusher in the draft.

I also think the Giants are eyeballing Jalen Mills pretty closely as he is one of the better FS's in this draft and when there is similar draft grades on a player at a position, the Giants tend to go with the school they trust the most and they seem to trust what comes out of LSU.

That's my thoughts for what it's worth.

Jalen Mills went back to LSU. I have Hunter in my mock and think they could look at Kwon Alexander from LSU at LB. Andy Gallik is very interesting can play C/G/OT

I just figured that out. He had declared for the draft earlier, but reneged and went back. I also wasn't aware that he had been arrested last summer for "battery". I don't think the Giants are up for a guy who has that on his resume.

I can't see the Giants taking Gallik simply because he will go fairly early and they already have Richburg. Although, I think there are plenty of guards in this draft that would be better than Jerry. Hickey is interesting because he's a skilled tackle, but will end up as guard. Like Pugh, the knock on him is his short t-rex arms. But having a legit tackle playing guard is a luxury because you can move him to tackle should injuries pile up. Certainly better than signing people off the street to fill in for tackle.

I just figured that out. He had declared for the draft earlier, but reneged and went back. I also wasn't aware that he had been arrested last summer for "battery". I don't think the Giants are up for a guy who has that on his resume.

I can't see the Giants taking Gallik simply because he will go fairly early and they already have Richburg. Although, I think there are plenty of guards in this draft that would be better than Jerry. Hickey is interesting because he's a skilled tackle, but will end up as guard. Like Pugh, the knock on him is his short t-rex arms. But having a legit tackle playing guard is a luxury because you can move him to tackle should injuries pile up. Certainly better than signing people off the street to fill in for tackle.

Yeah. I do think Eskridge will be on their radar too

I would like to see the Giants pick up Hickey in the late rounds. He's done a bang up job for Syracuse as a left tackle, but will definitely be a guard. He's best buddies with his mentor Pugh and plays a little like him, but not at the same level as Pugh. He's smart, strong, and would be flexible enough to fill in as a tackle if injuries start piling up.

He'd definitely be an upgrade from Jerry IMHO.