SportsWrath

Damon and Chacon hurt also!! Our team is falling apart

superspynyg

Yankees | Chacon hurt during Thursday game

Fri, 12 May 2006 00:01:29 -0700

The Newark Star-Ledger's Ed Price reports New York Yankees SP Shawn Chacon (leg) was injured Thursday, May 11, when he took a ball off his leg during the team's 5-3 loss to the Boston Red Sox. Chacon told reporters afterward he expected he would make his next start.

Yankees | Damon admits he is hurt as well

Thu, 11 May 2006 23:45:26 -0700

The New York Post's George King reports New York Yankees OF Johnny Damon (shoulder/foot) admitted following the team's Thursday, May 11, loss to the Boston Red Sox that he has been playing hurt. "I hurt my left shoulder and right foot again," said Damon. "They are hurting pretty good. Hopefully, they aren't where they were. It's definitely not a good feeling."

Yankees | Sturtze trying to correct mechanics

Thu, 11 May 2006 23:42:37 -0700

The New York Times reports New York Yankees RP Tanyon Sturtze said he was flying open with his front shoulder, a common problem for pitchers but one that is hard to shake. When he pitches, he admitted, he is thinking about mechanics. "Unfortunately, right now, that's what's going on," he said. "I've got to stop thinking about everything and just go and throw the baseball. That's not what I'm doing right now."

Yankees | Team details who will replace Matsui

Thu, 11 May 2006 23:41:09 -0700

According to The New York Times, New York Yankees manager Joe Torre plans on using a combination of OF Melky Cabrera, OF Bernie Williams and OF Bubba Crosby to take over for OF Hideki Matsui (wrist) and OF Gary Sheffield (wrist/hand). OF Kevin Reese will come off the bench.

Yankees | Reese called up

Thu, 11 May 2006 23:40:00 -0700

The New York Times reports the New York Yankees called up OF Kevin Reese from Triple-A Columbus.

Yankees | Sheffield injury more serious?

Thu, 11 May 2006 23:37:59 -0700

The New York Times' Tyler Kepner reports the injury to New York Yankees OF Gary Sheffield (wrist/hand) could be more serious than it first seemed. Sheffield is scheduled for another MRI on his injured left wrist and hand. There was some fear around the team that Sheffield may need the hamate bone in his wrist removed, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Sheffield's injury is less serious than OF Hideki Matsui (wrist). "I think his is a short-term issue, I believe, from all indications," Cashman said. "But how soon after the 15 days, I don't know. If it's 15, if it's 20, if it's 25... I know one thing,