SportsWrath

Yankees vs Rangers

NYHC GIANT

New York heads to Texas on Friday for a weekend set with the Rangers after completing a two-game sweep at Tampa Bay.

In his seventh start of the year, righty Mike Mussina will try to extend his current three-start win streak. Mussina (4-1, 2.31 ERA) held Toronto to one run on seven hits in a six-inning outing on Sunday, and is 13-12 all-time with a 3.90 ERA against Texas.

Vicente Padilla (3-1, 4.04 ERA) gets the ball for the Rangers. The right-hander allowed four runs on six hits in his last start, a six-inning win over the Indians. He has yet to face New York in his seven-plus-year career.

New York holds a 211-159 all-time record against Texas.

Pitching matchup

NYY: RHP Mike Mussina (4-1, 2.31 ERA)

Mussina has more career wins in May (44) than in any other month.

TEX: RHP Vicente Padilla (3-1, 4.04 ERA)

Padilla has a 3.63 ERA at home, compared with 4.30 on the road.

Player to watch

Jason Giambi has a .323 average against Texas pitching with 30 homers, more than against any other club.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• YES

On radio

• 880 WCBS AM

Up next

• Saturday: Yankees (RHP Shawn Chacon, 3-1, 4.56 ERA) at Rangers (RHP Kameron Loe, 1-2, 4.15 ERA), 8:05 p.m. ET

• Sunday: Yankees (RHP Chien-Ming Wang, 1-1, 4.89 ERA) at Rangers (RHP Robinson Tejeda, 1-0, 3.60 ERA), 4:05 p.m. ET

• Monday: Off-day

LETS GET A FUCKING WIN!

I couldnt even find this thread, i just went to the on in GD that was pinned there,our relief pitching SUCKED! we need to step it up!

I was referring to the way the Yanks almost blew that game last night. Man...havin' a 8-1 lead, then havin' them come back like that, is not good for the stress level.

I was referring to the way the Yanks almost blew that game last night. Man...havin' a 8-1 lead, then havin' them come back like that, is not good for the stress level.

I agree lol!