SportsWrath

Willie

jranieli

One question: Do you think Willie would have played these young guys like Murphy, Reyes, Evans or would have he trusted his guys, the vets?

In a statement that would probably have 33 "you knows" inserted into it Willie would have trusted "his guys" or "the big boys" to get it done, so my answer is no he would not have played Murphy o Reyes or Evans unless his hand was forced.

BTW, how about that awful minor league system now? Pelfrey with 12 wins, Murphy and Evans coming along nicely and Reyes at the least showing he can be a usefull platoon/bench guy. Not to mention the hype around Niese and FMart.

In a statement that would probably have 33 "you knows" inserted into it Willie would have trusted "his guys" or "the big boys" to get it done, so my answer is no he would not have played Murphy o Reyes or Evans unless his hand was forced.

BTW, how about that awful minor league system now? Pelfrey with 12 wins, Murphy and Evans coming along nicely and Reyes at the least showing he can be a usefull platoon/bench guy. Not to mention the hype around Niese and FMart.

AAA is going to be stacked next year with Carp, FMart, Caleb Stewart, Andy Green, Kunz, Parnell, Neise and Stoner. I cannot add Evans and Murphy to the list because who knows if they will be with the big club or start the year in AAA. Plus they will probably going to a new city, no way they stay in New Orleans. Probably Syracuse is the likely destination because they are done with Toronto. The Scranton Syracuse rivalry might be a good one. I love these guys and of course not all of them are going to pan out, but there is not a whole lot to talk about below. There are a few guys to talk about but it might take a year or two to stack the rest of the system.

Really, how did Omar gut the system? What he traded away Gomez, who I still like and Humber, Mulvey and Guerra. Those are not what you call A+ prospects. I like Gomez but I am not sure if he is going to turn into a player like Beltran. I have to admit, I still wish we were able to keep Milledge but the OF is deep.

From what I have read scouts say the Mets low level minors are pretty good. I also heard I believe it was Jon Heyman on WFAN that people underestimated what the Mets had and in fact got played when it came to deals, specifically the Santana trade.

From what I have read scouts say the Mets low level minors are pretty good. I also heard I believe it was Jon Heyman on WFAN that people underestimated what the Mets had and in fact got played when it came to deals, specifically the Santana trade.

Minaya is fucking ninja. There is Wilmer Flores at low level A ball and then Francisco Pena is a level below St. Lucie are the ones I have been paying attention too. Well except this years draft picks but have not heard from Havens or Davis in a while. Holt has been doing pretty well and has some nice velocity.