SportsWrath

Dan Murphy

xxi-xxv

I am sure all the fans will call WFAN and annoint him the next great thing, I usually withold judgement on these young guys that we really have never seen before unt at least 200 at bats, but I must say, the kid has a nice stroke from the left side. Like Darling said, sometimes you can just tell about kids and this kid looks ok.

No if only David Wright would get his head out of his ass. :brooding:

I like what I see but I am waiting to comment at a later time. He needs more time to develop but he is doing his job in the two hole. I do have to say is I like him better than Evans so far. There is just something about the way he plays, I like.

I like what I see but I am waiting to comment at a later time. He needs more time to develop but he is doing his job in the two hole. I do have to say is I like him better than Evans so far. There is just something about the way he plays, I like.

he has a nice string

I do like how the Mets are putting career infielders in the outfield.

I hear you on Tatis, but Murphy and Evans are 22 and 23 and their are plenty of young current outfielders that were infielders in their early minor league careers, some that come to mind are Pat Burrel, Matt Holliday, Xavier Nady. AT least its now and not like Jeffries when he was like 30.

I know it's only a few games, but I really like this guy. He has a very level

swing and seems to go the other way with ease, pretty good fielder for a career

infielder too. I hope he can keep it up when the book is really out on him.

This is his 4th game right? Question to ponder, remember when Evans was first called up and he had that three double afternoon and really since then he has looked like a rookie but has been showing some progression as of late. Do you think that Murphy is just harder to read? It only took the Rockies and other teams one game to figure Evans out.

This is his 4th game right? Question to ponder, remember when Evans was first called up and he had that three double afternoon and really since then he has looked like a rookie but has been showing some progression as of late. Do you think that Murphy is just harder to read? It only took the Rockies and other teams one game to figure Evans out.

I think Murphy is just that much better than Evans, and Murphy only played in 2 games in triple A.

So much for the awful minor league system. Anyway like I said, kid has a sweet swing, Whether they find holes in it remains to be seen? Darling said it again that with some guys you just see it and you cannot describe it. I think this kid could be a good player.

This is different than the annointing of Angel Pagan and whoever else, he is 23 and really a true prospect.

He also does not scare me as much as Evans does in the outfield, even though he misjudged the jump. He needs a lot more work. The outfield is starting to get crowded and going to get even more crowded. Luckily he can also play the infield. Can he close?