SportsWrath

For the first time since Beltran's walk-off against st. louis

gateb

I got goosegumps watching a Mets game. Thanks Gary :)

I love that double "outta here!"

Congrats to carlos too. Today probably accounted for 1/5 of his year's production, but his two shots were BOMBS

Very happy that they won today and beating the piss out of any team is nice, but lets be real here. The pitchers that the Yankees trotted out in game 1 were as bad as you can get.

I need to see Delgado hit against a major league pitcher now.

What I found to be most intriguing is how Pelfrey battled. He did not have his best stuff, he had some real bad luck(2 infield hits, 3 bloops and 3 errors)yet he managed to get through 5. The Pelfrey of 07 or even early 08 does not get through that and would have imploded.

By the way I am glad to see my Mets revert back to no hitting with RISP in game 2 now. :brooding:

And since I don't get WB11 and tvants is not working well, I had to watch it on YES. I turned it on mute for most of the game. David Cone's voice is horrible.

Is it too hard to win two in a row? They should just play the rest of the schedule on the road.

Very happy that they won today and beating the piss out of any team is nice, but lets be real here. The pitchers that the Yankees trotted out in game 1 were as bad as you can get.

I need to see Delgado hit against a major league pitcher now.

What I found to be most intriguing is how Pelfrey battled. He did not have his best stuff, he had some real bad luck(2 infield hits, 3 bloops and 3 errors)yet he managed to get through 5. The Pelfrey of 07 or even early 08 does not get through that and would have imploded.

By the way I am glad to see my Mets revert back to no hitting with RISP in game 2 now. :brooding:

Nothing was really said that indicated the state of the Mets... just that game 1 was very exciting.

Game 2 was bad but the mets never ever sweep doubleheaders. So I can't say I'm surprised.

Johan vs. Pettite today, pettite has been pitching well today. We can't rely on a 4th inning implosiont his time.