SportsWrath

Fire Omar!

jranieli

I am so embarrassed by this mess that this ass has created. He has made us a laughing stock. I still don't know how Willie is more to blame than Omar. He did not put this team together and was NOT allowed to pick his own coach besides Rick Down I believe and look what happened. If the organization wants to send a message, ship Omar out of town.

I actually heard today that Omar is the ONLY ONE in Willies corner as it pertains to firing him. If that is such the case I give him credit because at least he views the situation as a team and sees the big picture. I am not an Omar fan and have never been, so I remain skeptical and for this I think that Omar knows that this mess is on him and the second he lets Willie go the bulls eye lies sqaurely on his chest.

With that being said, I do not know what it is, but I think this team is poised to start playing better. I have no basis for this feeling, the schedule tells me otherwise and its a complete 180 from how I have felt abou this team since the midpoint of 2007. Now I am not saying its a catch the Phils win like 17 of 20 or some crazy crap like that, I just think they are going to start playing more consistent. Again, no basis, just a gut feeling. I probably am way off on this, but who knows?

I actually heard today that Omar is the ONLY ONE in Willies corner as it pertains to firing him. If that is such the case I give him credit because at least he views the situation as a team and sees the big picture. I am not an Omar fan and have never been, so I remain skeptical and for this I think that Omar knows that this mess is on him and the second he lets Willie go the bulls eye lies sqaurely on his chest.

With that being said, I do not know what it is, but I think this team is poised to start playing better. I have no basis for this feeling, the schedule tells me otherwise and its a complete 180 from how I have felt abou this team since the midpoint of 2007. Now I am not saying its a catch the Phils win like 17 of 20 or some crazy crap like that, I just think they are going to start playing more consistent. Again, no basis, just a gut feeling. I probably am way off on this, but who knows?

Please tell me you don't believe what you wrote.

Omar is only in Willie's corner because he knows if Willie gets canned, he is next on the firing line.

Please tell me you don't believe what you wrote.

Omar is only in Willie's corner because he knows if Willie gets canned, he is next on the firing line.

did you read this part of what I said?

I am not an Omar fan and have never been, so I remain skeptical and for this I think that Omar knows that this mess is on him and the second he lets Willie go the bulls eye lies sqaurely on his chest

did you read this part of what I said?

I am not an Omar fan and have never been, so I remain skeptical and for this I think that Omar knows that this mess is on him and the second he lets Willie go the bulls eye lies sqaurely on his chest

I agree with you. And check out my new blog post, I worked pretty hard on it, lol.

I agree with you. And check out my new blog post, I worked pretty hard on it, lol.

I think Omar is a worm, but if he is really truly in Willies corner he deserves credit. As for my opinion, I do not believe it for one second and I know he knows that if he waits to fire Willie after the year he gets all 2009 for the team to bounce back, if he does it know the pressure tilts squarely on him.

IMO if Omar does not want to fire Willie and he does not want to fire his hand picked coaches(why in gods name Sandy Alomar is still a coach let alone a 3rd base coach on this team is mind boggling)they should go after the guy neither Willie or Omar picked and thats Rick Peterson.