SportsWrath

Antonio Pierce

Lughead

Another Giant gets hitched

Posted by Mike Garafolo May 27, 2008 4:55PM

Categories: Off-season, Rumors

It's the off-season of rings for the Giants. And I don't mean Super Bowl rings.

A month after Eli Manning and Justin Tuck got hitched, Antonio Pierce has ditched his bachelorhood. The Giants' middle linebacker was married this past weekend in Hawaii to the former Jocelyn Maldanado. Pierce's bride, known as Jocelyn Pierce for a while now, is the host of "Mets Weekly" on SNY while her husband has recently joined the Howard Stern Show as an intern. Sounds like a media power couple in the making to me.

Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Pierce from all of us at NJ.com.

Aside from weddings, there hasn't been a whole lot of Giants news out there these last few weeks, just a lot of rumblings. I expect that to change in the next few weeks with the SB ring ceremony on Thursday, the start of OTAs on Friday and veteran minicamp from June 11-13.

For one thing, I expect some news on TE Jeremy Shockey. No, he's not getting married (HA!), but he should be back in town, though perhaps not until minicamp. The past few years he's worked out in Miami but has come back for OTAs. I'm not sure that's going to happen again this year, but from what I gather TE coach Mike Pope wasn't lying when he said he expects Shockey to be here for minicamp. I'm told that's the impression the entire organization has gotten. Much as Shockey has made waves about possible trades and holdouts, he's expected to be here for minicamp. And as Pope said, nothing cures all these bad vibes more than a helmet being strapped up and the first pass up the seam from Manning to Shockey.

And the other news we're all waiting for is the return or retirement of DE Michael Strahan, Perhaps you're under the impression his people and the Giants have been talking the last few weeks and throwing out numbers. That's not the case at all. I've been told there have been no talks -- but that will change very soon. The sides are expected to talk money in the coming days. After that, who knows what'll happen? I, for one, quit guessing back in August.

MG