2B Luis Castillo

3B David Wright

CF Carlos Beltran

RF Ryan Church

1B Carlos Delgado

C Raul Casanova

LF Endy Chavez

RH Nelson Figueroa

RHP Nelson Figueroa (1-1, 4.05 ERA) toes the rubber for the Mets. Figueroa earned a loss in his last start on April 22 versus the Cubs, allowing three runs on hits and five walks while striking out two over five innings pitched. In seven games, two starts versus the Braves in his career, Figueroa is 1-0 with a 3.65 ERA. During Figueroa’s first 45 pitches of the game opponents are 4-for-48 (.083).

RHP John Smoltz (3-1, 0.78 ERA) starts for the Braves. Smoltz’s first loss of the season in his last start on April 22 versus the Nationals, surrendering one run on five hits, while striking out 10 over seven innings pitched. He also struck out his 3,000th career batter in his start versus the Nationals. In 61 career appearances, 41 starts, he is 18-14 with a 3.37 ERA versus the Mets.

Nice series win over a tough division rival. :clap:

Delgado got it goin a little today. I have no problem with him not coming out for the curtain call either. Maybe that will teach the fan base a little patience, although I doubt it. Maybe we should make a rule. No fucking booing in APRIL!!

Nice series win over a tough division rival. :clap:

Delgado got it goin a little today. I have no problem with him not coming out for the curtain call either. Maybe that will teach the fan base a little patience, although I doubt it. Maybe we should make a rule. No fucking booing in APRIL!!

Delgado has come out for a curtain call twice in his career, in 2003 when he hit 4 homers in 1 game and in 2006 when he hit his 400th homer.

IMO this is a non issue, like Delgado said it was a solo shot in the 7th inning of a close game, no reason for that.

I respect him for that, now he better not go 4-49 again. We need him.

fuck him, until he starts becoming more consistent and stops swinging at pitches 2 feet off the plate, I am still going to be on his ass.

Me too, infact I was standing in the diamond club entrance today (with that girl, :wub: )

and Delgado was up..I immediately said "oh, pop up to second base." I had alot of egg

on my face after that.

I think Delgado was just showing the crowd that he doesn't appreciate being boo'd. The people there need to leard that it's only April, and that there's like 150 game left in the season. Hopefully, Delgado finds his groove and sticks with it. He has had trouble and I'm glad he erupted the way he did.

Now, Reyes and Wright...production please...

Met fans are telling this team how they feel about what happened last year. They were too shocked to do so in game 162 when the reality set in that this team actually did blow it.

I am not one that get boisterous at games ones way or another, I will cheer and really do not see the need to boo, ts not like me booing does anything to the player. What the hell does he care what I think.

With that being said if people paying good money want to go to a game and express themselves in a clean, adult non offensive manner then thats their right. I would think grown men making millions would really just laugh this shit off as of the 20,000+ that are booing of the 50,000 in attendance, probably NONE of them could hit a 95 MPH fastball. WHo cares if they boo.