SportsWrath

Bret Favre on the cover of SI

I saw that too, and was thinking the same thing.

I hope they NEVER put a Giant on the cover of SI or Madden. I can live with that. The last time I remember Toomer being on the cover was right after the NFC Champioinship game in 2000 and then they got blown out at the Super Bowl. No Giants on the cover of SI or Madden. EVER.

Does that almost guarantee a win for the G-Men?

Anybody believe in the SI jinx?

the dog seems to recall the "curse" being specific to the team on the cover that wins the conference championship and is going to the super bowl...

the dog seems to recall the "curse" being specific to the team on the cover that wins the conference championship and is going to the super bowl...

The SI curse has happened many many times, it's not specific to football. Here is a "for instance" that happened in the regular season a few years ago. The Bengals were on a winning streak and they were playing Kansas City the next week. Everybody was favoring the Bengals to kill the Chiefs. SI decided to put the Bengals on the cover and their winning streak came to a streaking halt at the hands of the Chiefs.

The SI curse has happened many many times, it's not specific to football. Here is a "for instance" that happened in the regular season a few years ago. The Bengals were on a winning streak and they were playing Kansas City the next week. Everybody was favoring the Bengals to kill the Chiefs. SI decided to put the Bengals on the cover and their winning streak came to a streaking halt at the hands of the Chiefs.

fair enough...the dog only recalled it as a SB thing...