SportsWrath

this is not a knock on david wright

Dre180

i was just wondering if you guys think he'll ever be as good of a hitter as chipper was/is. i'm talking power wise. i hate chipper more than anything but he is a damn good hitter. i only bring this up because there were a lot of comparisons when wright first came up. 2 years ago, if you were to tell me that reyes would be doing what he's doing, outperforming d wright i would have never believed it. i mean, i had high hopes for the kid, but nothing like this. i think most of us thought david was going to be the centerpiece of the club. i really think wright is going to turn into more of a jeter like player who hits for average, with decent power, which is completely fine by me, that is still very very good. i just wonder where his power went, or really if he'll ever develop into a power hitter. thoughts?

i was just wondering if you guys think he'll ever be as good of a hitter as chipper was/is. i'm talking power wise. i hate chipper more than anything but he is a damn good hitter. i only bring this up because there were a lot of comparisons when wright first came up. 2 years ago, if you were to tell me that reyes would be doing what he's doing, outperforming d wright i would have never believed it. i mean, i had high hopes for the kid, but nothing like this. i think most of us thought david was going to be the centerpiece of the club. i really think wright is going to turn into more of a jeter like player who hits for average, with decent power, which is completely fine by me, that is still very very good. i just wonder where his power went, or really if he'll ever develop into a power hitter. thoughts?

My opinion of Wright is that he lost himself a little when the spotlight shone brightly on him. He became the NY media's darling, became a national star at the All Star Game, then signed a huge new contract. I think that maybe he started trying too hard to live up to all the attention, hype, and money suddenly thrown at him.

He'll be fine. I still think he's going to be a 30+ HR hitter at some point. He's still 4-5 years away from his prime. He's still very young and every baseball player goes through tough times. Eventually, Reyes will too.

i haven't seen him this year and it could just be a slump. But, do you think pitchers have found a weakness in his swing? If they're all pitching him the same way, he has to adjust. If he can't, he falls in the category of flash in the pan.

My opinion of Wright is that he lost himself a little when the spotlight shone brightly on him. He became the NY media's darling, became a national star at the All Star Game, then signed a huge new contract. I think that maybe he started trying too hard to live up to all the attention, hype, and money suddenly thrown at him.

He'll be fine. I still think he's going to be a 30+ HR hitter at some point. He's still 4-5 years away from his prime. He's still very young and every baseball player goes through tough times. Eventually, Reyes will too.

Thats exactly what happened to Beltran in his first big contract year with us. Wana hear something sad, click on THIS and then click on Wright goes deep from May 3rd. Listen to the announcer from Arizona. I hate that. The NY fan turns way too quickly. <_<