SportsWrath

Anna B. swears Mets were wrong

RandolphScott

Anna swears the Mets were wrong

PORT ST. LUCIE - Anna Benson's worst feature - her mouth - is on display in April's Penthouse magazine.

The wife of ex-Mets pitcher Kris, who will miss the entire season with the Orioles because of a partially torn rotator cuff that resulted in surgery yesterday, has a two-page, profanity-laced interview in the magazine, in which she says of the Mets: "They got a ---- bag of balls for Kris. They didn't get ----. Julio Jorge (sic) and John Maine. They traded a number-one stud pitcher who was 30 at the time, and they blame the red dress....If I were a Mets fan, I'd be beside myself. You look at all the injuries they had with Pedro (Martinez) and beyond, and you know Kris would have taken them to the top last season."

For the record, it's Jorge Julio ... who was traded for Orlando Hernandez ... who has had neck and hamstring problems this spring ... but anyway ... what about Maine?

Kris was like his teammate, Steve Traschel.

Number-one stud pitcher?!?!?! :LMAO::rolleyes: In our rotation he was a # 3 at best. After the injuries he would have been a number 2. I'm happy with our bag of balls trade. We ended up with 2 serviceable pitchers and Maine probably did just as well in the playoffs last year as Benson would have done. I don't see how KB would have taken us to the top last year any more than Maine could have.

I thought he filed for divorce from that bitch anyway.

John Maine has better stuff than Benson at this point in their careers. A complete heist by Minaya and one with the potential to mirror the Cone for Ed Hearn trade in 87.

Minaya just may have pulled off two heists, as it is my belief that Oliver Perez will be a dominant pitcher for the Mets. If not this season, soon...

John Maine has better stuff than Benson at this point in their careers. A complete heist by Minaya and one with the potential to mirror the Cone for Ed Hearn trade in 87.

[/quote

i couldn't agree more, what has benson ever done? to me, john maine has already proved to be a better pitcher, and i'd much rather have a guy who is 5 years younger with better stuff.

"Minaya just may have pulled off two heists, as it is my belief that Oliver Perez will be a dominant pitcher for the Mets. If not this season, soon..."

i hope so. i don't know if he'll ever be dominant, but he has the potential. a lot of guys have potential. i think what we can expect from perez is a very inconsistent season, with some very dominant games, and some awful games as well. hell, maybe he'll surprise us who knows, but i t was a great risk by omar, with nothing to lose.