SportsWrath

College Football needs a Playoff

charlietags

Of course right after I wrote that I was like so who should have gotten the extra game agains FL? USC? LSU? Or my favorite Boise State?

The Big 10 was shown to be a weak conference. The SEC and the Big East (5-0) proved to be better than publicized. Boise State probably played the greatest game ever in college football.

Notre Dame who I love was a mediocre team that had a few great players.

So who do you say?

Of course right after I wrote that I was like so who should have gotten the extra game agains FL? USC? LSU? Or my favorite Boise State?

The Big 10 was shown to be a weak conference. The SEC and the Big East (5-0) proved to be better than publicized. Boise State probably played the greatest game ever in college football.

Notre Dame who I love was a mediocre team that had a few great players.

So who do you say?

can't they do it like March madness? I mean Ohio State had to wait 50 DAYS before thier next game its not like they dont have the Time . the only thing is what would the NCAA do with all the Income they would lose by not having so many bowl games. maybe after the 2 top teams play for the national Champion ship the could run a smaller set of bowl games say the #3 and #4 team (that lost in the play offs would now play in the rose bowl ETC.etc..... maybe they could do a way with the lesser bowl games .

or set the bowl games up as a pyrimd as you keep winning bowl games you get closer and closer to the national championship

• 2 weeks later...
can't they do it like March madness? I mean Ohio State had to wait 50 DAYS before thier next game its not like they dont have the Time . the only thing is what would the NCAA do with all the Income they would lose by not having so many bowl games. maybe after the 2 top teams play for the national Champion ship the could run a smaller set of bowl games say the #3 and #4 team (that lost in the play offs would now play in the rose bowl ETC.etc..... maybe they could do a way with the lesser bowl games .

or set the bowl games up as a pyrimd as you keep winning bowl games you get closer and closer to the national championship

My idea is to use some of the lesser Bowls that no one cares about except the alumni from the 2 schools and set up an 8 team playoff. If that isn't possible at least a plus 1 game so Boise State could have played FL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My idea is to use some of the lesser Bowls that no one cares about except the alumni from the 2 schools and set up an 8 team playoff. If that isn't possible at least a plus 1 game so Boise State could have played FL.

or you could do a play off system with the #1 school's from each confrence (I dont know if that would be more than 8 games, it depends on if you wnated to go with just the main confences i guess) all other schools could do the bowl thing.