SportsWrath

Mets to Feature Bingo Nights After Games

Plow

Yesterday the New York Mets announced they will be sponsoring Bingo nights every Thursday after home games. Mets 1b Julio Franco will sponsor the event. Newly aquired OF Moises Alou will be attending the event along with Orlando Hernandez, who the Mets recently signed to a two year deal. Other retired Mets will soon be sent invitations for Bingo nights.

The Mets also announced they have declined their option on Tom Glavine. A rare move on a part of these new look Mets as they look to get wiser and more mature. "I am kind of dissapointed that I am not in the Mets plans as of right now. This Bingo thing looks kind of cool," said Glavine, who will be turning 41 going into the 2007 season. "I just hope we can reach an agreement on a new deal."

• 3 weeks later...
Yesterday the New York Mets announced they will be sponsoring Bingo nights every Thursday after home games. Mets 1b Julio Franco will sponsor the event. Newly aquired OF Moises Alou will be attending the event along with Orlando Hernandez, who the Mets recently signed to a two year deal. Other retired Mets will soon be sent invitations for Bingo nights.

The Mets also announced they have declined their option on Tom Glavine. A rare move on a part of these new look Mets as they look to get wiser and more mature. "I am kind of dissapointed that I am not in the Mets plans as of right now. This Bingo thing looks kind of cool," said Glavine, who will be turning 41 going into the 2007 season. "I just hope we can reach an agreement on a new deal."

Nothing like having youngsters like Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina.

Bu hey the Yankees do have 1 starting player younger than 32 in 07. :TU: