SportsWrath

Shawn Green

gateb

I don't like him, not really happy with him so far. I think that Endy should start tomorrow night, because we are facing a lefty.

Thoughts?

This really went unnoticed, but Green made that double play at the plate happen by being smart enough to pull off and play the ball off the wall perfectly. If he goes after that ball and tries to make a big play, that could a huge inning for the Dodgers.

I wouldn't mind Chavez getting a start tonight. He's come up big all year for us.

This really went unnoticed, but Green made that double play at the plate happen by being smart enough to pull off and play the ball off the wall perfectly. If he goes after that ball and tries to make a big play, that could a huge inning for the Dodgers.

I wouldn't mind Chavez getting a start tonight. He's come up big all year for us.

Nothing against Shawn but any above-average outfielder could have made that play the way Kent and Drew ran the bases.

Nothing against Shawn but any above-average outfielder could have made that play the way Kent and Drew ran the bases.

Alot of guys would have tried to make the catch, taking themselves out of the play. (Torii Hunter)

If Green doesn't pull up and wait for the ball to bounce off the wall, that play never happens.

I don't think Green is great by any stretch, just pointing out that he made a smart play and it was huge for the Mets.

Alot of guys would have tried to make the catch, taking themselves out of the play. (Torii Hunter)

If Green doesn't pull up and wait for the ball to bounce off the wall, that play never happens.

I don't think Green is great by any stretch, just pointing out that he made a smart play and it was huge for the Mets.

Whoops. I was wrong. Seeing the replay again, it seems Green had no chance whatsoever to make a play on that ball and had no choice but to play it off the wall. He still made a good throw to the cutoff man.... :unsure:

Chavez was pretty good last night. I hope Randolph keeps him in the lineup.