SportsWrath

If You Were Building a Team Would Character Matter?

nosebleedjints

If I were building a team, my focus would be on the OL, the DL, the QB, the running game, the LB/CB, and receivers in that order unless a prodigy in spot or lack of people in another was free.

I also would like to have smarter, articulate players such as Tiki Barber.

I would do everything I could to field a winner and not have trashy, ghetto thugs like Michael Irvin.

People like him, who act trashy, make it difficult to root for your team, at least for me, because they are simply unitellegent thugs, and I would try to get a team without them, if it can be accomplished.

If I were building a team, my focus would be on the OL, the DL, the QB, the running game, the LB/CB, and receivers in that order unless a prodigy in spot or lack of people in another was free.

I would do everything I could to field a winner and not have trashy, ghetto thugs like Michael Irvin.

People like him, who act trashy, make it difficult to root for your team, at least for me, because they are simply unitellegent thugs, and I would try to get a team without them, if it can be accomplished.

I couldn't agree more. Character and class are a must. I always compared the two Sanders... the one I liked and respected and the one I couldn't stand...

Barry.. and Deon.

Depends, you don't wnat show boats at positions like RB or QB, but when your talkin WR's, they gotta have some flair. It's the nature of the position, they have to be arrogant and cocky, in the history of the NFL, most great WR's have been show offs. not all, and the further back you go the less there are, but in todays NFL, the WR needs cockiness.

If you had character, I assume you’d have a good work ethic and determination, but I don’t know what articulate has to do with good football intelligence.

Look at Yogi, not very articulate, but he was the smartest catcher that ever played the game, IMO.

I’ll take a thug any day on defense if he has good intincts.